Media, Technology, and Copyright
Michael A. Einhorn, Ph.D.
3 Nob Hill Roseland, NJ 07068
About the Expert
Dr. Michael A. Einhorn is an economic consultant and expert witness active in intellectual property, media, entertainment, antitrust, and valuation of commercial and personal losses. He has designed and applied innovative techniques in matters involving copyright, trademark, publicity right, and patent damages. He is the author of the book MEDIA, TECHNOLOGY, AND COPYRIGHT. He also taught as a professor of economics and law at Rutgers University. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Areas of Expertise
- Economic Consulting
- Intellectual Property
- Patents & Trademarks
- B.A. from Dartmouth College
- Ph.D. in Economics from Yale University
- Affiliate, Ecomp Consultants
- Columbia Institute for Tele-Information, Senior Research Fellow, Columbia University, New York, New York (http://www.citi.columbia.edu/affiliates/meinhorn.htm)
- Giant Steps Media, Affiliate, New York, (http://www.giantstepsmts.com/bios/michael.htm)
- Contributor to MusicDish E-Journal (http://www.musicdish.com/mag/bio.php3?author=101)
- TRADEMARKS AND FINANCIAL REMEDIES: STANDARDS IN THE COMMON LAW, forthcoming, reviews the statutory and common law with regard to allowable recovery of actual damages and disgorgement of defendant revenues in trademark infringement cases.
- THE ENTIRE MARKET VALUE RULE: THE EMBATTLED FLANK IP Lawyer, December, 2007; discusses the use of the controversial entire market value rule and the economic purposes that a proper use may yet serve.
- DAMAGE VALUATION IN MUSIC COPYRIGHT, Entertainment and Sports Lawyer, Spring, 2004; provides the legal and analytic framework to estimate damages in music copyright cases.
- PUBLICITY RIGHTS AND RATIONAL ANALYSIS, Entertainment and Sports Lawyer, March, 2006; provides a market-based technique to value publicity rights in advertising and merchandising.
- COPYRIGHT, CAUSALITY, AND THE COURTS, Journal of the Copyright Society, Winter, 2015; reviews court decisions on the causal connection in copyright infringement cases.
- SETTLEMENT STRATEGIES FROM A DAMAGES EXPERT, Entertainment and Sports Lawyer, October, 2007; recounts an expert analysis with limited data that enabled litigating parties to settle a copyright infringement case when litigation would have been difficult.
- PHARMACEUTICALS, COMPULSORY LICENSING, AND THE DEVELOPING WORLD, (with Bruce A. Lehman), unpublished talk regarding the economic difficulties of implementing compulsory licensing in the pharmaceutical industry.
- REASONABLE ROYALTIES IN PATENT LITIGATION This paper reviews recent decisions at the Federal Circuit involving the determination of reasonable royalties and expert evidence in patent litigation.
- FIRST SALE RIGHTS AT SCOTUS: REGARDING KIRTSAENG V. JOHN WILEY & SONS, Journal of the Copyright Society, discusses 2013 Supreme Court decision that widened first sales rights.
- TRADEMARK VALUATION AND MARKET ANALYSIS, discusses a valuation case involving the proper determination of a trademark in a transaction.
- PROFESSIONAL RESUME
Resume as of September, 2017
Listed in the Following States
Media, Technology, and Copyright is listed with ExpertPages in the following jurisdictions: All US Regions and States, Canada (all Provinces).