Chip Darius, OHST, CET, CSHO, CUSP
110 Court St Suite 1 Cromwell, CT 06416
About the Expert
Certified Walkway Auditor Certificate Holder. 27 years experience in safety and OSHA compliance consulting & training. 16 years as instructor for OSHA Training Institute Education Center. Over 750 safety clients in more than 30 states and internationally since 2000. Expertise in falls, scaffolds, aerial lifts, forklifts, slips, machine guarding, heavy equipment, work zones.
Areas of Expertise
- Accident Reconstruction
- Fall Protection
- Ladders & Scaffolds
- Materials Handling
- Safety OSHA
- Slips and Falls
- BS, University of Connecticut, 1985
- MA, University of Connecticut, 1988
- Certified Occupational Hygiene & Safety Technologist, BCSP.
- Certified Environmental Safety & Health Trainer, BCSP.
- Certified Safety & Health Official, OTIEC.
- Certified Utility Safety Professional, USOLN.
- Certified Forklift Safety Specialist, NASP.
- Certified Walkway Auditor Certificate Holder, NFSI.
- Certified Emergency Medical Technician, State of CT.
- Instructor for OSHA Training Institute Region 1 Ed. Center since 2002
- Principles of Occupational Safety & Health, NSC
- OSHA 10-hour & 30-hour Construction Outreach courses
- OSHA 10-hour & 30-hour General Industry Outreach courses
- OSHA 501: Outreach Trainer for General Industry
- OSHA 510: Occupational Safety and Health Standards for the Construction Industry
- OSHA 511: Occupational Safety and Health Standards for General Industry
- OSHA 7505: Incident/Accident Investigation
- OSHA 7300: Confined Space
- OSHA 461: Work Zone Safety.
- OSHA 521: Industrial Hygiene.
- OSHA 2045: Machine Safeguarding.
- OSHA 2250: Ergonomics.
- OSHA 2264: Permit-required Confined Spaces.
- OSHA 3010: Excavation Safety.
- OSHA 3095: Electrical Safety.
- OSHA 3110: Fall Protection.
- OSHA 7120: Combustible Dust Hazards.
- OSHA 7845: Recordkeeping.
- Safety Management Systems Train the Trainer, NSC.
- First Aid, CPR & AED Instructor Trainer, NSC.
- NFPA 70E and Arc Flash Analysis.
- NFPA 101 Life Safety Code.
- Powered Industrial Truck trainer.
- Aerial Lift Operator trainer.
- Skid Steer Operator trainer.
- Backhoe Loader Operator trainer.
- Skid Steer Operator trainer.
- Front-end Loader Operator trainer.
- Respiratory Protection Program Administrator.
- Scaffold Competent Person.
- Trenching & Excavation Competent Person.
- Roadway Work Zone Safety Supervisor.
- Flagger Trainer, NSC Instructor #976255.
- Flagger Instructor, ATSSA.
- American Society of Safety Engineers
- National Safety Council
- Associated General Contractors of America
- National Floor Safety Institute
- National Fire Protection Association
- Council on Certification of Health, Environmental & Safety Technologists
- Scaffold & Access Industry Association
- American Bar Association
- American Traffic Safety Services Association
- Voted One of the Best 8 times, CT Law Tribune annual poll.
- Speaker at national expert witness training conferences.
- Over 160 cases as of March, 2018.
Percentage of time spent as expert
- Darius CV
As of March, 2018
Listed in the Following States
Safety Priority is listed with ExpertPages in the following jurisdictions: All US Regions and States.