Chip Darius, OHST, CET, CSHO, CUSP
110 Court St Suite 1 Cromwell, CT 06416
About the Expert
26 years experience in safety and OSHA compliance consulting & training. 15 years as instructor for OSHA Training Institute Education Center. Over 750 safety clients in more than 30 states and internationally since 2000. Expertise in falls, scaffolds, aerial lifts, forklifts, slips, machine guarding, heavy equipment, work zones.
Areas of Expertise
- Accident Reconstruction
- Fall Protection
- Ladders & Scaffolds
- Materials Handling
- Safety OSHA
- Slips and Falls
- BS, University of Connecticut, 1985
- MA, University of Connecticut, 1988
- Certified Occupational Health & Safety Technologist, BCSP.
- Certified Environmental Safety & Health Trainer, BCSP.
- Certified Safety & Health Official, OTIEC.
- Certified Utility Safety Professional, USOLN.
- Certified Forklift Safety Technician, NASP.
- Certified Walkway Auditor Certificate Holder, NFSI.
- Certified Emergency Medical Technician, State of CT.
- Instructor for OSHA Training Institute Region 1 since 2002
- Principles of Occupational Safety & Health, NSC
- OSHA 10-hour & 30-hour Construction Outreach courses
- OSHA 10-hour & 30-hour General Industry Outreach courses
- OSHA 501: Outreach Trainer for General Industry
- OSHA 503: Outreach Trainer for General Industry Update
- OSHA 510: Occupational Safety and Health Standards for the Construction Industry
- OSHA 511: Occupational Safety and Health Standards for General Industry
- OSHA 7505: Incident/Accident Investigation
- OSHA 7300: Confined Space
- OSHA 461: Work Zone Safety.
- OSHA 521: Industrial Hygiene.
- OSHA 2045: Machine Safeguarding.
- OSHA 2250: Ergonomics.
- OSHA 2264: Permit-required Confined Spaces.
- OSHA 3010: Excavation Safety.
- OSHA 3095: Electrical Safety.
- OSHA 3110: Fall Protection.
- OSHA 7120: Combustible Dust Hazards.
- OSHA 7845: Recordkeeping.
- Safety Management Systems Train the Trainer, NSC.
- Incident Investigation: A Management Approach, NSC.
- Job Safety Analysis: Effective Methods for Controlling Hazards, NSC.
- First Aid, CPR & AED Instructor Trainer, NSC.
- NFPA 70E and Arc Flash Analysis.
- NFPA 101 Life Safety Code.
- Powered Industrial Truck trainer.
- Aerial Lift Operator trainer.
- Skid Steer Operator trainer.
- Backhoe Loader Operator trainer.
- Skid Steer Operator trainer.
- Front-end Loader Operator trainer.
- Respiratory Protection Program Administrator.
- Scaffold Competent Person.
- Trenching & Excavation Competent Person.
- Taking Proper Care of Pedestrians in Work Zones. National Work Zone Safety Information Clearinghouse webinar.
- Roadway Work Zone Safety Supervisor.
- Flagger Trainer, NSC Instructor #976255.
- Flagger Instructor, ATSSA.
- Traffic Control for Emergency Responders, CT Fire Academy.
- Mobile Crane Hazard Awareness: Train the Trainer.
- Hazardous Materials Personal Protective Equipment, Level B&C: Train the Trainer. Connecticut Fire Academy.
- Hazardous Materials Operations Level / Spill Response.
- FEMA IS-00100.PW Incident Command System for Public Works Personnel.
- Hospital Emergency Incident Command System (HEICS).
- Incident Command System for Emergency Medical Services. National Fire Academy.
- Beyond Behavior Modification: Sustainable Safety Management Systems for the 21st Century NSC.
- Psychology and Achieving a Total Safety Culture: From Managing Behavior to Leading People, NSC.
- From Cop to Coach: Getting Supervisors to be Observers & Mentors, NSC.
- Disaster Assistance Response Training, 5-day intensive. SWI.
- Yale New Haven Hospital, Center for Emergency Preparedness & Disaster Response:
- EM 102: Introductory Course for Hospital Disaster Volunteers.
- EM 108: Emergency Preparedness for Healthcare with NIMS.
- EM 141: The Role of Medical/Technical Specialists During an Incident.
- American Society of Safety Engineers
- National Safety Council
- Associated General Contractors of America
- National Floor Safety Institute
- National Fire Protection Association
- Council on Certification of Health, Environmental & Safety Technologists
- Scaffold & Access Industry Association
- American Bar Association
- American Traffic Safety Services Association
- Voted "One of the Best" expert witness consulting firms 7 times, CT Law Tribune annual poll.
- Speaker at national expert witness training conferences.
- Over 130 cases as of March, 2017.
Percentage of time spent as expert
- Darius CV 2017 Mar 10
CV as of March 10, 2017
Listed in the Following States
Safety Priority is listed with ExpertPages in the following jurisdictions: All US Regions and States, Canada (all Provinces).