Dale Wheeler, PE
17041 Merchants Drive ruther glen, VA 22546
About the Expert
SPECIALTY AREAS: Fire Protection system design, installation and operation: Fire detection, Smoke detection, Fire alarm, Central Stations, Sprinkler Systems, Fire Suppression Systems, Fire and Smoke Barriers, Fire Safety, Life Safety, Code Compliance, Fire Cause and Origin, Arson, Fire Hazard, Building Materials, & Fire Resistance Rating.
Areas of Expertise
- Building Codes
- Fire & Explosion Investigation
- Fire Protection Engineering
- B.S., Fire Protection and Safety Engineering, Illinois Institute of Technology, 1974
- Certificate - Basic Code Enforcement/Building Inspection, Building Officials and Code Administrators (BOCA)
- Registered Professional Engineer, States:
- California, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida,
- Illinois, Maryland, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, , Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin
- Member-National Fire Protection Association
- Member-Health Care Committee, NFPA
- Member-Society of Fire Protection Engineers
- Member-Fire Science Advisory Committee, Northern Virginia Community College
- Instructor-Fire Detection and Suppression Systems, Northern Virginia Community College
- Fire Safety in Atrium Buildings
- Fire Safety in Exhibition Halls
- Adoption of the BOCA Code in Washington, D.C.
- Sacred Trusts-Protection of Historical Churches
- Retrofitting: Planning and Implementation of Security & Fire Systems, Security Technology & Design, September 1991
- Bedford Residence, CT: Legal expert services for a fire cause and origin.
- Body vs. Ancona, WI: Expert services to determine code requirements pertaining to smoke detectors and to model fire and smoke development in a loss of life fire in Wisconsin.
- BP Oil vs. City of Alexandria, VA: Expert witness for the petroleum facility regarding fire safety and code compliances regarding a petroleum facility.
- Childrens Hospital of Baltimore, MD: Legal expert services for a fire cause and origin including extent of damage.
- Christian Day School vs. Fairfax City, VA: Expert witness for the school regarding building construction, occupancy classification, fire alarm, and sprinkler systems.
- Collier vs. Mountain State Inspection Services: Expert services to determine code requirements and inspection responsibilities pertaining to smoke detectors in a loss of life fire in West Virginia.
- Corcoran Prison, CA: Legal expert services for design, construction, operation, maintenance, and testing of fire alarm systems.
- Fire Investigation: James Forrest: Expert witness services to determine the cause of a fire and damage to the roof and other areas of a residence in Richmond, Virginia.
- Fire Watch Services, Manassas, VA: Provide professional fire protection engineering/ expert witness services including site observation, review of applicable codes and criteria, presenting of findings and opinion, and preparation for depositions.
- Grand Marquis Hotel, Wisconsin Dells, WI: Professional fire protection expert and expert witness services regarding technical assistance in evaluating fire protection and code issues in connection with a fire at the hotel. Issues include fire and smoke development, construction, fire detection and alarm system, audibility of fire alarm system, and smoke compartmentation.
- Holmes vs. Narver: Legal expert services regarding fire cause and origin and Central Station response.
- Lexington Insurance Co. vs. Starflight Enterprises Inc.: Expert witness services with respect to cause and origin of a fire at an apartment complex located in Columbia, Maryland.
- Longberger Company, Day Care Center, OH: Legal expert services for a sprinkler system failure.
- Marriott Hotels vs. Grinnell Sprinkler Company: Expert witness services regarding sprinkler system installation, polybutylene sprinkler pipe material, material storage, and sprinkler system activation.
- Miami Metropolitan Correctional Center, Cogefar-Impresit USA vs. U.S. FBOP, Miami, FL: Expert review and expert witness services for automatic sprinkler systems and fire detection and alarm systems.
- Myrtle Beach Condominium & Hotel, Myrtle Beach, SC: Expert fire protection engineering services to investigate a possible sprinkler system deficiency related to sprinkler system piping damage and a possible improperly sealed or improperly fire stopped penetrations of fire rated construction assemblies.
- New York City Homeless Shelter, NY: Expert witness for fire protection and life safety survey, report/documentation, and design recommendations for several homeless shelters including Fort Washington Housing, Franklin Armory Housing, Sumner Armory Housing, Flushing armory Housing, and Atlantic Armory Housing Facilities.
- Rubatex Corporation, Bedford, VA: Legal expert services regarding fire resistance and flame spread of building materials.
- Smithsonian vs. Northern Fire Protection: Expert witness services to investigate the apparent unwanted activation of a sprinkler installed at the Smithsonian Institution in Washington, D.C.
- Sommers vs. Infotech: Expert witness for the high rise office building concerning fire alarm systems, smoke detection, smoke detectors, and central monitoring system involving an April 1985 fire in New York City.
- SWA Construction Co. vs. K&E Sprinkler Co.: Expert witness services regarding sprinkler system conformance with applicable Fire Protection and Life Safety codes and standards (for a property in Richmond, VA).
- Walker vs. Baker: Expert witness services to investigate the cause of a fire at a residence in Romney, WV.
- Whitnal Edge Condominium: Legal expert services for automatic sprinkler system.
Listed in the Following States
Dale Wheeler is listed with ExpertPages in the following jurisdictions: All US Regions and States, Canada (all Provinces).