Steven M. Williams, MD
4350 Middle Settlement Rd, New Hartford, NY 13413
About the Expert
Dr. Steven Williams is a Board Certified Ophthalmologist and Vitreoretinal Surgeon. He is the founder and managing partner of a busy vitreoretinal surgical practice with over 20 years of clinical experience.
Areas of Expertise
- 1985 - 1989: Medical College of Virginia, Degree: MD
- 1981 - 1985: Binghamton University, Degree: BA Physics
- Licensed Physican - New York State
- 1998 - Present: Vitreoretinal Surgeon and Founder of Mohawk Valley Retina, New Hartford, NY
- 2002 - Present: Assistant Professor at Upstate Medical University, Department of Ophthalmology, Syracuse, NY
- 2004 - Present: Ophthalmology Expert Services, Ophthalmology and Medical Consultative Services
- 2006 - 2013: Trustee, St. Elizabeth Medical Center, Utica, NY
- 2006 - 2010: Resident Advisory Committee Member, Upstate Medical University, Department of Ophthalmology, Syracuse, NY
- May 1997 - Nov 1997: International Vitreoretinal Fellow, Asociacioń para evitar la Ceguera en Mexico
- Mar 1997 - Apr 1997: Visiting Vitreoretinal Fellow, Vanderbilt Eye Institute, Nashville, TN
- Jul 1996 - Mar 1997: Vitreoretinal Fellow, Retina & Vitreous Center, Virginia Beach, VA
- Jul 1993 - Jun 1996: Ophthalmology Resident, The Greater Baltimore Medical Center, Towson, MD
- May 1995 - Jun 1995: Third World Ophthalmology Experience, Aravind Eye Hospital, India
- Aug 1992 - May 1993: General Medical and Obstetric Practitioner, Winslow Indian Health Center, Winslow, AZ
- 1991 - 1992: Researcher, Motional Perception and Stereopsis in Infantile Esotropia Collaborative Project with the Smith Kettlewell Eye Institute San Francisco, CA and the West End Eye Center, Richmond, VA
- Jul 1989 - Jun 1990: Surgical Intern, Strong Memorial Hospital, Rochester, NY
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- The American Society of Retina Specialists
- 1995 - 1996: Outstanding Resident Award, Greater Baltimore Medical Center Department of Ophthalmology
- 1985: Outstanding Academic Performance, Binghamton University
- Novak KD, Williams SM, Kokot I, Schultze RL, Nd:YAG photodestruction of a presumed corneal Toxocara canis larva. Cornea, Vol 29 pp703-705. 2010.
- Landers MB, Williams SM, Use of Temporary Keratoprostheseis in Ocular Trauma Repair. Vitreoretinal Surgical Techniques. pp 117-121. 2001.
- Williams SM, Landers MB, Gass JD, Pathophysiology of the Vitreomacular Interface, Macular Surgery. pp 1-13. 2000.
- Levy H, Brown A, Williams SM, Dejuan E, Brief Report: Vitreous Hemorrhage as an Ophthalmic Complication of Galactosemia; Journal of Pediatrics, Vol. 129 pp 922-925. 1996.
- Jensen A, Williams SM, Update of the Rulerless Hirshberg Method; Poster at 1995 Annual Meeting of American Academy of Ophthalmology. November 1995.
- Williams SM, The Rulerless Hirschberg Method; Poster at Meeting of Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology. May 1994.
- Curriculum Vitae
Listed in the Following States
Steven M. Williams, MD is listed with ExpertPages in the following jurisdictions: All US Regions and States, Canada (all Provinces).