Valley ENT Specialists
Dr. John Austin
4770 N Expy #304 Brownsville, TX 78526
About the Expert
- Board Certified ENT & Facial Plastic Surgery - Private Practice at Valley ENT Specialists - Former Assistant Professor at MD Anderson Cancer Center - Expert background General ENT, Head & Neck Surgery, Trauma & Facial Plastic Surgery - OIG fraud review team Dr. Austin provides exceptional Ear, Nose & Throat case review and will thoughtfully work to offer wise counsel for the best possible outcome.
Areas of Expertise
- Medical Malpractice
- Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose, and Throat)
- University of Wyoming - Bachelor of Science
- Fellowship - Head and Neck Surgical Oncology The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center Houston, Texas
- 2004 - 2006 America’s Top Surgeons 1997 Whos Who in America 1997 Whos Who in Healthcare and Medicine 1996 Whos Who in Science and Engineering 1996 Whos Who in the World 1994 M.D. Anderson Surgical Oncology Fellow's Outstanding Teacher Award 1994 TMA Physicians' Oncology Education Program Recognition Award 1994 Whos Who of Americans in the South and Southwest 1994 Selected as a Founding Member of Sir Charles Bell Society 1982 Who's Who of American College and University Students 1982 Graduate with Highest Honors, Phi Beta Kappa, and Phi Kappa Phi The University of Wyoming
- Austin JR, Byers RM, Brown w, Wolf PF. Does type of biopsy effect prognosis of cutaneous melanomas of the head and neck? Head & Neck. 1996; 18:120-127. Diaz EM Jr., Austin JR, Burke LI, Goepfert H. Postero-lateral neck dissection: technique and results. Archives of Otolaryngology- Head and Neck Surgery 1996;122:477-80. 13 Austin JR, Cebrun H, Kershisnik MM, El-Naggar AK, Garden As, DeMonte F, Ginsberg LE, Lippman SM, Goepfert H. Olfactory neuroblastoma and neuroendocrine carcinoma of the anterior skull base. Skull Base Surg. 1996;18:120-127. Austin JR, Kemper JL, Jaeckley KL. Benign midline tumors of the head and neck. Cancer Bulletin. 1995;47:380-384. Austin JR, Wong, FC, Kim EE. Positron Emission Tomography in the detection of residual laryngeal carcinoma. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surgery. 1995;113:404-8. Cho KJ, El-Naggar AK, Ordonez NG, Luna MA, Austin JR. Epithelial-myoepithelial carcinoma of salivary gland. A clinicopathologic, DNA flow cytometric, and immunohistochemical study of Ki-67 and HER-2/neu oncogeny. Am J Clin Pathol 1995;103(4):432-7. Austin JR, Kershiznick MM, McGill D, Austin SG. Breast carcinoma metastatic to the paranasal sinuses. Head & Neck 19955;17:161-165. Giannoni C, El-Naggar AK, Ordonez NG, Tu ZN, Austin JR, Luna MA, Batsakis JG. C-erbB-2/neuoncogeny and Ki-67 analysis in the assessment of platal salivary gland neoplasms. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 1995;112:391-8. Austin JR, Stewart KL, Fawzi N. Squamous cell carcinoma of the external auditory canal: therapeutic prognosis based on a proposed staging system. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 1994;120:1228- 1232. Martin JW, Austin JR, Chambers MS, Lemon JC, Toth BB. Postoperative Care of the Maxillectomy Patient. ORL-Head and Neck Nursing. 1994;12:15-20. Austin JR, deTar M, Rice DH. Pulmonary chondroid hamartoma presenting as an inflatable neck mass. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 1994;120:440-443. Austin,J.R., Peskind SP, Austin SG, Rice DH. Idiopathic facial nerve paralysis: a randomized double blind study of placebo versus prednisone. Laryngoscope. 1993;103:1326-1334. Austin JR, Maceri DR. Anterior communicating artery aneurysm presenting as pulsatile tinnitus. ORL 1993;55:54-57. Austin JR, Maceri DR. Anterior communicating artery aneurysm presenting as pulsatile tinnitus. ORL 1993;55:54-57. Austin JR, Stanley RB, Cooper DS. Stable fixation of fractures of the partially mineralized thyroid cartilage. Annals of Otol Rhinol Laryngol. 1992;101:76-80. Austin JR, Crockett D. Pleomorphic adenoma of the soft palate in a child. Head Neck 1992;14:58-61. Hawkins DB, Austin JR, Abscesses of the neck in infants and young children; a review of 112 cases. Annal of Otol Rhinol Laryngol. 1991;100:361-365. Austin JR, Fieber MD. Midfacial necrotizing lesion of the nasal cavity attributable to perpheral T-cell lymphoma. Ear Nose Throat J.1990:69:340-3.14 Austin JR, Weber RS. Blood transfusions in head and neck surgery. Current Opinion in Otolaryngology Head Neck Surg. 1995;3:89-94.
Listed in the Following States
Valley ENT Specialists is listed with ExpertPages in the following jurisdictions: Arkansas, Colorado, Kansas, Louisiana, Missouri, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas