Joseph B. Marzouk, MD
Infectious Disease Specialist
4096 Piedmont Ave. Ste. 911 Oakland, CA 94611
About the Expert
Specialist in Infectious Diseases/Infections in all Medical Specialties: HIV/AIDS, Infection Control, Food Poisoning, Internal Medicine, Independent Medical Evaluation. Medical Malpractice in the above areas; extensive experience.
Areas of Expertise
- AIDS - HIV
- Infectious Diseases
- Medical Malpractice
- Brophy College Preparatory, Phoenix, AZ, 1964 - 1968
- A.B., Princeton University, Princeton, NJ, 1968 - 1972
- M.D., Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, 1972 - 1976
- American Board of Internal Medicine, 1979
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Infectious Diseases, 1982
- Certification, Board of Infection Control, 1990; Recertifications 1996, 2000
- HIV Specialist, American Academy of HIV Medicine, 2002 - Present
- California , 1980 - Present
- Arizona , 1980 - Present
- Michigan (Inactive), 1977 - 1984
- Infectious Disease Society of America
- HIV Medicine Association
- American Academy of HIV Medicine
- Fellow, Society of Healthcare Epidemiology of America
- Bay Area Infectious Disease Society
- East Bay Infectious Disease Society
- American College of Physicians
- American Society of Microbiology
- Alameda-Contra Costa County Medical Association
- California Medical Association
- Multiple presentations to various audiences on infectious disease topics. One of "The Best Doctors in America,".
- Marzouk, J, et al.: Cefonicid for soft tissue infections. 22nd Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy, 1982, p. 207.
- Dall, L, Marzouk, J, et al: In vivo dextran production by endocarditis producing viridans streptococci demonstrated by qualitative methods. 22nd Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy, 1982, p. 129.
- Marzouk, J, Dall, L, Mills, J: Genital Herpes: 1982. The Female Patient, 7:12-18, 1982.
- Dall, L, Marzouk, J, and Mills, J (eds.): Fifth Annual Infectious Diseases in Clinical Practice, Michie Law Publisher, Snowmass, Colorado, 1982.
- Marzouk, J: "Genital Herpes" in Infectious Diseases of the Eighties (audiotape). Family Practice Audio Digest, 31: March 21, 1983.
- Joseph, P, Marzouk, J, and Komarmy, L: Poor anaerobic environment of the Isolator blood culture system. Abstract from 23rd Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy, 1983.
- Joseph, P, Marzouk, J, et al.: The clinical importance of speciating enterococci. Abstract from 23rd Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy, 1983.
- Mills, J, Pulliam, Dall, L, Marzouk, J, Wilson, W, and Costerton, J: Exopolysaccharide production by viridans streptococci in experimental endocarditis. Infection and Immunity, 43:359-367, 1983.
- Marzouk, J, Joseph, P, et al.: Arizona hinshawii septicemia associated with rattlesnake powder. California Morbidity Weekly Report No. 25, July 1, 1983.
- Marzouk, J, Joseph, P, et al: Arizona hinshawii septicemia associated with rattlesnake powder. Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report No. 32, pp. 464-465, September 9, 1983.
- Participant in "A collaborative study of patient-initiated treatment of recurrent genital herpes with topical acyclovir or placebo." Journal of Infectious Diseases 150:1-6, 1984.
- Marzouk, J, Feiber, L: Acute infectious gastroenteritis: The microbes that are to blame. Consultant 24:67-87, 1984.
- Leong, G, Joseph, P, Marzouk, J, Mills, J: Enterococcal Superinfection. Infections in Surgery, pp. 644-646, September 1984.
- Slutkin, G, Mills, J, Marzouk, J, Dall, J: Cefonicid compared with cefazolin for treatment of soft tissue infections. Reviews of Infectious Disease Supplement Vol. 6, Supplement 4, 853-6, 1984.
- Joseph, P, Marzouk, J: Increasing incidence of erythromycin resistance in methicillin sensitive Staphylococcus aureus. Abstract in 85th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Microbiology, 1985.
- Joseph, P, Marzouk, J: Transparent vs. dry gauze dressings for peripheral IV sites. Abstract in 85th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Microbiology, 1985.
- Marzouk, J: Tick-Borne diseases. Where to expect and how to detect such bite caused syndromes. Consultant 25:21-44, 1985.
- Joseph, P, Marzouk, J: Letter to the editor. Clinical Microbiology Newsletter 7:73, 1985.
- Marzouk, J: Lyme disease and arthritis. Journal of Musculoskeletal Medicine 3:12-21, 1986.
- Joseph, P, Marzouk, J: Role of the indium-WBC scan in prosthetic valve endocarditis. 26th Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy, 1986.
- Marzouk, J: Musculoskeletal Questions and Answers: Guidelines for effective and safe tick removal. Journal of Musculoskeletal Medicine 4:11-12, April 1987.
- Participant in "Aerosolized Pentamidine for prophylaxis against Pneumocystis Carinii pneumonia." New England Journal of Medicine 323:769-755, 1990.
- Marzouk, J: How effective is Hemophilus influenza B vaccine? Consultant Vol 30: October 1990.
- Marzouk, J: Not Acute Mono? Think HIV. Cortlandt Forum Vol 4, No. 9, pg. 68, September 1991.
- Marzouk, J & Kennedy, C: Candidiasis. Practical guidelines for managing superficial and invasive infections. Consultant 32:71-78, 1992.
- Clinical Reviewer for Monograph, Clinical Challenges: Case Studies and Review Questions & Answers in Infectious Disease, 2002.
- Expert Medical Reviewer for Medical Board of California
Listed in the Following States
Joseph B. Marzouk, MD is listed with ExpertPages in the following jurisdictions: All US Regions and States, Canada (all Provinces).