Michael D. Lyman, Ph.D.
Police Practices & Procedures Expert
3703 Hunter Valley Dr. Columbia, MO 65203
About the Expert
Nationally recognized author in police procedure. Forty years as senior criminal investigator, certified police use of force trainer and professor of criminal justice. 27-year publishing record.
Areas of Expertise
- Deadly or Excessive Force
- Police Practices and Activities
- Doctor of Philosophy Higher and Adult Education and Foundations. University of Missouri-Columbia, Columbia, Missouri
- Master of Science in Administration of Justice Police Agency Management. Wichita State University Graduate School, Wichita, Kansas
- Bachelor of Science in Administration of Justice. Wichita State University, Wichita, Kansas
- Certified Taser Instructor
- International Association of Chiefs of Police
- Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences
- American Society of Criminology
- American Academy of Forensic Science
- American College of Forensic Examiners International
- The International Association for the Study of Organized Crime
- 2004 Community Partner Award presented by the Columbia Missouri Police Foundation.
- Meritorious Award for Independent Study Course presented by the National University Continuing Education Association.
- Lyman, M. D. (2010). The Police: An Introduction, 4th ed. Prentice Hall: Upper Saddle River, NJ. Fourth Edition due out in May 2009.
- Lyman, M. D. (2008). Criminal Investigation: The Art and the Science, 5th ed. Prentice Hall: Upper Saddle River, NJ.
- Lyman, M. D. & G. W. Potter (2007). Organized Crime, 4th ed . Prentice Hall: Upper Saddle River, NJ
- Lyman, M. D. (2007). Practical Drug Enforcement, 3rd ed. CRC Press: Boca Raton, FL
- Lyman, M. D. & G. W. Potter (2007). Drugs in Society: Causes, Concepts and Control, 5th ed. Lexus Nexus/Anderson Publishing: Cincinnati, OH.
- Lyman, M. D. (1989). Gangland: Drug Trafficking by Organized Criminals. Springfield, IL: Charles Thomas Publisher
- Lyman, M. D. (1987). Narcotics and Crime Control. Springfield, IL: Charles Thomas Publisher Articles / Essays:
- Lyman, M. (2005). Drug Enforcement in the United States. An essay for The Encyclopedia of Law Enforcement, Sage Publications: Thousand Oaks, CA.
- Lyman, M. (2005). Undercover Operations. An essay for The Encyclopedia of Law Enforcement, Sage Publications: Thousand Oaks, CA.
- Lyman, M. (2004). The Decision to Chase: Revisiting Police Pursuits and the appropriateness of Action. The Police Forum Journal.
- Lyman, M. (2004). Transnational Organized Crime. An essay for The Encyclopedia of Murder & Violent Crime; Eric Hickey Editor. Sage Publications: Thousand Oaks, CA.
- Lyman, M. (2004). Domestic Organized Crime. An essay for The Encyclopedia of Murder & Violent Crime. Sage Publications: Thousand Oaks, CA.
Listed in the Following States
Michael D. Lyman, Ph.D. is listed with ExpertPages in the following jurisdictions: All US Regions and States, Canada (all Provinces).