Robert Silbert, MD
Physician Case Analysis
6116 Spring Mill Rd. Indianapolis, IN 46228
About the Expert
There is great overlap between Pain Management and Physical Medicine treatment. Physical Medicine treatment is discussed in the Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Area of Expertise below.
Although the goal for every patient is to treat the underlying cause of their medical complaint, this is not always possible. Reasons why a condition may not be 'cured' include cost, the fact we are dealing with a degenerative or progressive condition, state of current knowledge, or genetic makeup of the patient. When after treating the condition, the problem still exists and discomfort is present, the patient was given the option to have their symptom of pain treated. This included use of pain medications, psychological treatment for adjustment to illness, and physical modalities. At one time we ran a CARF (Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities) accredited outpatient “pain program. This included medicine treatment, education, psychology and social service, and physical therapy.
Areas of Expertise
- Pain (Chronic) Management
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Indiana University Bloomington Campus, BS degree
- Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, In, MD degree
- Akron General Hospital, Akron Oh, Mixed Surgical Internship
- University of California Irvine, Irvine, Ca, Residency in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Indiana: Unlimited License to Practice Medicine.
- Residency In Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation; Mixed Surgical Internship; Full set of injection courses using x-ray and ultrasound guidance; Specialized training in Regenitive Medicine including the use of stem cells, platelet rich plasma and placental products;
- Special invitation for the SIS Master Class
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American Academy / Association of Orthopedic Medicine
- Spinal Intervention Society
- Indiana State Medical Association
- Indiana Society of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- "Best Doctor" multiple occasions, Indianapolis Monthly Magazine
- Effects Of The Intra-Discal Implantation of Stromal Vascular Fraction Plus Platelet Rich Plasma In Patients With Degenerative Disc Disease. J Transl Med. 2017; 15: 12. Published online 2017 Jan 13.
- Flight Surgeon, United States Air Force, July, 1969-June, 1971
- Head of the Flight Surgeon's Office, Williams Air Force Base, Az.
- Director Spinal Injury Service, Methodist Hospital, Indianapolis, In; Medical Director Rehabilitation Hospital of Indiana, Indianapolis, In; Medical Director PM&R Associates, Indianapolis, In
Listed in the Following States
Robert Silbert, MD is listed with ExpertPages in the following jurisdictions: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin