Robert Silbert, MD
Physician Case Analysis
6116 Spring Mill Rd. Indianapolis, IN 46228
About the Expert
As there is great overlap between Physical Medicine treatment and Pain Management, see the Area of Expertise Pain (Chronic) Management above.
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation is a branch of medicine recognized by the American Board of Medical Specialties. It covers a wide range of patients from catastrophic conditions such as stroke and spinal cord injury to patients with physical complaints such as spine and joint pain. Early on, I treated the full range of patients, but in the last half of my practice I treated exclusively the Physical Medicine part of the practice. The treatments included medications, x-ray and ultrasound guided injections, and physical therapy. We utilized “cutting edge” therapies including the use of dextrose solutions (Prolotherapy), platelet rich plasma (PRP), placental derived products, and Stem cells.
For more details on the Physical Medicine aspect of my expertise see the Expert’s Profile below.
Areas of Expertise
- Pain (Chronic) Management
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Indiana University Bloomington Campus, BS degree
- Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, In, MD degree
- Akron General Hospital, Akron Oh, Mixed Surgical Internship
- University of California Irvine, Irvine, Ca, Residency in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Indiana: Unlimited License to Practice Medicine.
- Residency In Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation; Mixed Surgical Internship; Full set of injection courses using x-ray and ultrasound guidance; Specialized training in Regenitive Medicine including the use of stem cells, platelet rich plasma and placental products;
- Special invitation for the SIS Master Class
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American Academy / Association of Orthopedic Medicine
- Spinal Intervention Society
- Indiana State Medical Association
- Indiana Society of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- "Best Doctor" multiple occasions, Indianapolis Monthly Magazine
- Effects Of The Intra-Discal Implantation of Stromal Vascular Fraction Plus Platelet Rich Plasma In Patients With Degenerative Disc Disease. J Transl Med. 2017; 15: 12. Published online 2017 Jan 13.
- Flight Surgeon, United States Air Force, July, 1969-June, 1971
- Head of the Flight Surgeon's Office, Williams Air Force Base, Az.
- Director Spinal Injury Service, Methodist Hospital, Indianapolis, In; Medical Director Rehabilitation Hospital of Indiana, Indianapolis, In; Medical Director PM&R Associates, Indianapolis, In
Listed in the Following States
Robert Silbert, MD is listed with ExpertPages in the following jurisdictions: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin