Valens Global & Valens Labs
3180 Cypress Pond Pass Duluth, GA 30097
About the Expert
Described by The International Herald Tribune as “a rising star in the counterterrorism community,” Daveed Gartenstein-Ross is a prominent scholar, practitioner, and entrepreneur. Dr. Gartenstein-Ross is the founder and CEO of Valens Global, a private firm focused on violent non-state actors and other 21st century threats including radicalization, white nationalism, disinformation, and hybrid warfare. Dr. Gartenstein-Ross is also a senior fellow at the Foundation for Defense of Democracies, and an associate fellow at the International Centre for Counter-Terrorism – The Hague. Previous positions he has held include senior advisor to the director of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s Office for Community Partnerships, fellow with Google’s think tank Jigsaw, and adjunct assistant professor in Georgetown University’s Security Studies Program.
Areas of Expertise
- 10,000 Small Businesses Certificate of Entrepreneurship, sponsored by the Goldman Sachs Foundation.
- Ph.D., World Politics, The Catholic University of America. Dissertation title: "Towards Understanding the Significance of Religion for Jihadi Violent Non-State Actors."
- M.A., World Politics, The Catholic University of America
- J.D., magna cum laude, New York University School of Law.
- B.A. with Honors, Communication, magna cum laude, Wake Forest University.
- Valens Global (https://valensglobal.com/)
- Valens Labs (https://www.valenslabs.com/)
- Safe Communities Institute Fellow, University of Southern California, 2016-present.
- Distinguished Alumni Award, American Debate Association, 2015.
- Senior Fellow. Homeland Security Policy Institute, George Washington University. 2010-2015.
- Leader Development for Education and Sustained Peace Support Excellence Award (Naval Postgraduate School). 2009.
- Lincoln Fellow. The Claremont Institute. Newport Beach, Calif. 2007.
- See CV
- Dr. Daveed Gartenstein-Ross CV
Dr. Daveed Gartenstein-Ross CV
Listed in the Following States
Valens Global & Valens Labs is listed with ExpertPages in the following jurisdictions: All US Regions and States, Canada (all Provinces).