Techpar Group LLC
Spring Valley, NY
About the Expert
Jay Rothstein has more than thirty years of experience in information technology and procurement with an emphasis on Software Procurement in Financial Services. In his career, Jay has participated in the negotiation of approximately 200 technology procurement contracts, primarily as the lead negotiator and/or cross functional team lead. Approximately 100 of those contracts were for software. Jay is currently serving as an expert witness for litigation on Software Procurement. Mr. Rothstein has been a Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) since 2006. He has participated as a consultant in internal audits on regulatory regimens and information technology at Fannie Mae, HSBC, Citigroup, and the Bank of China. Jay earned his Bachelor's Degree cum laude from Harvard in History and Literature and his Masters Degree from Columbia in Linguistics. He has published articles in Information Technology, and Procurement and Audit.
Areas of Expertise
- IT Procurement
- Information Technology
- Strategic Sourcing
- Harvard University, Cambridge, MA, Bachelor's Degree, GPA 3.57
- Columbia University, New York, NY, Master's Degree, GPA 3.76
- Harvard Law School, Alumnus
- Far Rockaway High School, Far Rockaway, NY, Valedictorian of class of over 1000, 97.2 average recipient of awards
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Information Systems Audit & Controls Association (ISACA), 2006 to date, #0650848
- 120 hours of Continued Professional Education (CPE) every three years for CISA re-certification; client training in procurement and compliance; includes Fraud Awareness Training, Citi Anti-Money Laundering, Sanctions & Anti-Bribery & Corruption, Citi Blockchain for Auditors: Technology, Applications, Risks, and Controls (ISACA) Cloud Application Explosion, ISACA Collaborative Onsite Assessments [for] Third-Party Risk Management, ISACA Digital Business Process Outsourcing Innovations Conference, Outsourcing Institute Effective Framework for Third-Party Information Security, ISACA Export Control Regulations, US Department of Commerce Flipping the Economics of Cyber Attacks, ISACA IRPA Automation Innovation Conference, Institute for Robotic Process Automation
- Institute for Supply Management (ISM), 2006 to date
- At Far Rockaway High School, named valedictorian of class of over 1000, recipient of fellowships of the New York Regents, the University of Rochester, and M.I.T. Received awards in Physics, English, and Economics and three other awards for academic achievement. As Managing Editor, guided newspaper to First Prize at Columbia Scholastic Press Association. At Harvard College and Columbia University, held ten major honorary and remunerative fellowships.
- Managing IT Procurement Risks; article published in EDP Audit, Control, and Security Newsletter, 36 (3-4), pp: 13-25 (2007) and cited in Protiviti KnowledgeLeader (January, 2008), 10.1080/07366980701815421 Examines decision-making processes for the acquisition of technology in financial services firms. Provides a risk-based controls matrix for key stakeholders. Executive Summary: Managing procurement calls for just the right skills and experience. Risks abound, and rote controls may actually cause more harm than good. Make sure your executive team, business principals, procurement office, IT, and internal auditors form a solid alliance for this high-risk area.
- Global Database Sourcing, article/presentation in 16th National Online Meeting; Proceedings--1995. Learned Information, Inc., Medford, NJ Information is strategic. Global Database Sourcing presents a methodology for evaluating competing online and CD sources, a case study, and an Artificial-Intelligence (AI) expert system to guide users to the right source of fourteen installed facilities, based on information requirements. Global Database Sourcing, article/presentation in 16th National Online Meeting; Proceedings--1995. Learned Information, Inc., Medford, NJ Information is strategic. Global Database Sourcing presents a methodology for evaluating competing online and CD sources, a case study, and an Artificial-Intelligence (AI) expert system to guide users to the right source of fourteen installed facilities, based on information requirements.
- A SNOBOL Program to Solve Trigonometric Identities. A paper delivered to conferences of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) and the American Institute, and recognized by Ford and Westinghouse Abstract: When reduced, both sides of a trigonometric identity must be equal for the general angle and not just for one specific angle. A language such as FORTRAN, designed for the numerical evaluation of scientific formulas and unable to operate on a general alphabetic term, is therefore unsuited to these purposes. Because of SNOBOL's features of string creation, comparison, and replacement, the author has begun to use SNOBOL and its string manipulation and looping provisions to transfer human ability to solve trigonometric identities to the computer.
- For significant litigation relating to Software Procurement, serving as an expert witness. Completed expert report and deposition deemed a "stellar performance" by the client at a leading US law firm
- Mr. Rothstein CV
Jay Rothstein - Expert Witness - IT Procurement
Listed in the Following States
Techpar Group LLC is listed with ExpertPages in the following jurisdictions: All US Regions and States.