DeRosa Aquatic Consulting
Shawn P. DeRosa, J.D.
PO Box 1471 Orlando, FL 32802
About the Expert
Shawn DeRosa is a nationally-recognized expert in water safety and aquatic risk management who has been twice profiled as one of the Top 100 Leaders in Aquatics in addition to being selected by Aquatics International Magazine as one of the "Power 25" people in aquatics. Through his consulting company, DeRosa Aquatic Consulting, Shawn helps agencies minimize risks and improve safety through high-quality education and training programs as well as consulting services. Shawn has assisted clients with recommendations for separation of waterfront activities, with a review of policies and procedures for watercraft rental programs and with recommendations for reasonable lake use policies.
Areas of Expertise
- Aquatics Safety Water Rescue
- Beach And Waterfront Operations
- Boating and Watersports Accidents
- Lifeguard Training And Management
- Spas, Hot Tubs, Pools and Whirlpools
- Swimming & Pool Accidents
- Water Rescue
- Juris Doctor, cum laude, Suffolk University Law School
- Bachelor of Science, Boston College
- Massachusetts Board of Bar Overseers
- Emergency Medical Technician
- American Red Cross Lifeguarding/Waterfront Instructor Trainer
- American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Trainer
- American Red Cross CPR/BLS Instructor Trainer
- American Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED Instructor Trainer
- Aquatic Risk Management, National Swimming Pool Foundation
- Aquatic Facility Audits, National Swimming Pool Foundation
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons/American College of Emergency Physicians: Emergency Care and Safety Institute, Instructor Trainer
- National Association of Underwater Instructors (NAUI), Scuba Diver
- American Red Cross
- Association of Aquatic Professionals
- National Swimming Pool Foundation
- Connecticut Recreation and Park Association
- Distinguished Service Award, Association of Aquatic Professionals, Recipient, 2014
- Paragon Award “For Outstanding Contribution to Aquatic Safety”, International Swimming Hall of Fame, Recipient, 2006
- Power 25: One of the 25 Most Powerful People in the World of Aquatics, Recipient, Aquatics International Magazine, February 2005
- Who’s Who in Aquatic Leadership, United States Water Fitness Association, Inc., 2003, 3005
- Who’s Who in Aquatics, Aquatics International Magazine, 2002, 2003, 2004
- DeRosa, S. P. (2014, January). Hypoxic Training: A Risk Analysis. SportRisk.
- DeRosa, S. P. (2014). Preparing for and coping with emergencies. In T. J. Griffiths (Ed.), The complete swimming pool reference, third edition Urbana, IL: Sagamore Publishing, LLC.
- DeRosa, S. P. (2014). Legal Liability and Risk Management. In T. J. Griffiths (Ed.), The complete swimming pool reference, third edition Urbana, IL: Sagamore Publishing, LLC.
- DeRosa, S. P. (2011). Liability and risk management. In T. J. Griffiths, Safer beaches (pp. 30-40). Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics.
- DeRosa, S.P. (2011, February). How to Identify Risks at Aquatic Facilities. Athletic Business.
- DeRosa, S. P. & Oostman, M. (2007, September). A timing issue. Aquatics International.
- DeRosa, S. P. (2003). Preparing for and coping with emergencies. In T. J. Griffiths (Ed.), The complete swimming pool reference, second edition (pp. 361-366). Urbana, IL: Sagamore Publishing, LLC.
- DeRosa, S. P. (2003, January). Communicable diseases in the recreation community. Parks & Recreation, pp. 64-66.
- DeRosa, S. P. & Benton, R. (2002, August). The stink over the ink: the intersection of tattoos, free speech and employer mandates. Parks & Recreation, pp. 58-61.
- DeRosa, S. P. & Benton, R. (2002, July/August). Saving your skin. Aquatics International.
- DeRosa, S. P. (2002, April). The tide is shifting. Aquatics International.
- DeRosa, S. P. (2001, October). Do water wings fly? Aquatics International.
- DeRosa, S. P. (2001, June). Leaving a paper trail. Aquatics International.
- DeRosa, S. P. (2000, March). Safer beaches are better beaches. Aquatics International.
- Curriculum Vitae (2019)
A CV free of watermarks will be provided upon retention.
Listed in the Following States
DeRosa Aquatic Consulting is listed with ExpertPages in the following jurisdictions: All US Regions and States, Canada (all Provinces).