Vincent N. Campisi, P.E. Consulting Engineer LLC
92 Tinsman Road Frenchtown, NJ 08825
About the Expert
Vincent N. Campisi P.E. has over 50 years of experience in the design of fixed movable bridges highway railroad projects in the US and abroad. He provides forensic engineering analysis and expert witness services for several State DOT's and private clients concerning structural failure investigations claims design errors and omissions.
Areas of Expertise
- Construction Claims
- Structural Engineering
- B.S. in Building Science, Pratt Institute, NY, 1970
- § GA PE 033564 § NC PE 035292 ï‚§ NH PE 13360 § NJ GE 027415 § NY PE 086850 § MA PE 48001 § ME PE 11972 § MI PE 55953 § VT PE 9303 § NCEES Certificate No. 32606
- § Design and Construction of Steel Bridges (IBC 1986) § Advanced Composite Materials, Theory Design and Practice for use on Bridges (IBC 2002) § Movable Bridge Seminar, NJDOT/Rutgers (May 11, 2004 – May 12, 2004) § AASHTO LRFD Bridge Design (IBC - 2007) § Project Management Tools for BIMeliverables (2009 thru 2017) § Load Rating of Gusset Plates (June, 2009) § Practical Implementation of LRFD for Geotechnical Engineering Features (June 2009) § Accelerated Bridge Design and Construction, FHWA and FIU 60 Seminars (2011 - 2018)
- § Member American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) § Member ASCE, Structural Engineering Institute § Member ASCE, Forensic Engineering Division, Committee on Practices to Reduce Failures § American Railway Engineering and Maintenance of Way Association § Society of American Military Engineers § National Society of Professional Engineers ï‚§ American Society of Highway Engineers § Past Member, National Association of County Engineers § Heavy Movable Structures, Inc. § American Council of Engineering Companies § Former Chair, NJ Transit Liaison Committee, NJ ACEC
- § Consulting Engineers Council Award, Penn Station NY, The Lengthening of platforms for LIRR to increase capacity. § Consulting Engineers Council Award, I-84 Bridges NYSDOT, Load Testing and Ratings § Consulting Engineers Council Award, Vermont DOT, Checkered House Bridge, 350 foot historic through truss, widened in an unprecedented manner by separating trusses and moving the North Truss 12 feet 6 inches laterally to accommodate widened lanes and shoulders. § Consulting Engineers Council Award, NYSDOT Design of the replacement Troy Green Island Lift Bridge. § 1984 Widening of the Driscoll (Raritan River Bridge) NJHA, Garden State Parkway from 10 to 12 Lanes for accelerated design and construction. Less than 1 year from commencement of design to completion of construction on a 4400 foot long bridge and approaches.
- § Presented several papers and reports to state and federal highway officials on bridge design, deck systems, partnering in the design and construction phase of a project for various DOT’s Including NY, NJ, PA, MA, MD, CT, FL, ND, LA, VA and WV. § Assisted in the preparation of several NCHRP reports including load factor, load testing, movable bridge design and maintenance which ultimately was adopted by AASHTO as the Movable Bridge Inspection, Evaluation and Maintenance manual. § Adjunct Faculty Member, teaching, Project Management, Construction Management and Estimating, Bergen Community College, Paramus, New Jersey. § Presented Paper at AASHTO Conference on streamlining and fast tracking critical projects. § Presented Paper at American Concrete Institute Conference on Underwater Inspection and Rehabilitation for Rikers Island Bridge. § Collaborated on the design of a prefabricated steel grid and composite concrete deck system which was patented and is currently manufactured by D.S Brown as “Exodermic Deck”. § Presented Paper on Bridge Deck Systems for the International Bridge Conference (IBC). § Co-authored papers on Rikers Island Bridge Caisson Repairs for IBC. § Wrote several articles on deck systems for publication in Better Roads, Roads and Bridges Civil Engineering and Modern Steel Construction. § Developed a system for lift bridge design using 4 separate counterweights in each corner of the bridge. This allowed the counterweights to travel below deck level resulting in cost savings by lowering the height of the towers to accomplish the required counterweight travel. § Prepared a study for a revised Project Design Development Procedure for NJDOT to streamline the preliminary and final design process, 1995. § Presented a paper to the International Bridge, Tunnel and Turnpike Association (IBTTA) on a composite grid bridge deck study. § Authored various articles for McGraw Hill, New York Construction News. § Developing recommendations for MSEW design procedures for ASCE Forensic Engineering Division Committee to develop procedures to reduce failures.
- U.S. Army/NG, 1959 to 1966
- § Jan. 1962 to March 1972, Boswell Engineering Company, 330 Phillips Avenue, So. Hackensack, NJ 07606, Junior Engineer, Design Engineer, Project Manager § Mar. 1972 to Nov. 1977, William Youngblood Associates, 244 Rte. 59, Monsey, NY 10952, Senior Engineer, Project Manager, Associate § Nov. 1977 to June 1984, N. H. Bettigole, Co., 27 Bleeker Street, Millburn, NJ 07401, Associate Engineer § June 1984 to May, 1986, County of Hudson, 549 Duncan Avenue, Jersey City, NJ 07306, County Engineer, Director of Roads and Bridges § May 1986 to April 1987, N. H. Bettigole, Co., 27 Bleeker Street, Millburn, NJ 07401, Associate Engineer § April 1987 to July 1990, R.W. Lee Associates/Vincent N. Campisi, P.E., Consulting Engineers and Surveyors, State Route 31, Hampton, NJ 08827, Vice President of Engineering § July 1990 to July 1998, A.G. Lichtenstein & Associates, 45 Eisenhower Drive, Paramus, NJ 07652, Senior Associate, Regional Office Manager, 350 Fifth Avenue, Empire State Building, NY, NY § July 1998 to February, 2012, Clough Harbour & Associates, III Winners Circle, Albany, NY, Partner, Chief Engineer Transportation Structures § February 2012 to Present, Vincent N. Campisi, P.E., Consulting Engineer, LLC, 92 Tinsman Road, Frenchtown, NJ 08825, Principal
Listed in the Following States
Vincent N. Campisi, P.E. Consulting Engineer LLC is listed with ExpertPages in the following jurisdictions: All US Regions and States, Canada (all Provinces).