Taylor Law Enforcement Consulting Group
9650 Strickland Rd. Suite 103-162 Raleigh, NC 27615
About the Expert
Current Chief of Police with over 39 years of experience in a wide-range of federal, state, local and private criminal justice leadership positions. Areas of expertise include: training; use of force & firearms instruction; anti-terrorism, operation security, force protection, recruiting, selection and assignment; employee supervision, evaluation and retention; curriculum development; policies and procedures design and implementation; physical security, canine utilization; budgeting; public relations; emergency management.
Areas of Expertise
- Deadly or Excessive Force
- Police Practices and Activities
- • PhD Candidate, Criminal Justice and Public Policy, Walden University, MD • Master of Science Occupational Safety, East Carolina University, Greenville, NC 2003 • Bachelor of Science Criminal Justice, Mount Olive College, Mt. Olive, NC 1997 • Command and General Staff College, US Army, Fort Leavenworth, KS 2014
- • Advanced Force Science Specialist, Force Science Institute • NC Law Enforcement Officer, Advanced Certificate • NC Criminal Justice Instructor Certification (firearms, physical fitness, hazardous materials & first responder) • NC Private Protective Services, Armed and Unarmed Guard Instructor • TASER Instructor • NC Concealed Handgun Instructor • VA Private Investigator • VA Department of Criminal Justice Services Instructor (Special Conservator, Firearms, Armed and Unarmed Guard) • Physical Security Inspector, Department of Defense • Certified Homeland Security Specialist III, American College of Forensic Examiners International • Certified Manager, Institute of Professional Managers • Command & General Staff - Complex Incident Management IS 400
- • National Community Policing Award, National League of Cities (1997) • Law Enforcement Leadership Award, Mothers Against Drunk Drivers (1995) • Law Enforcement Officer of the year for State of NC, Veterans of Foreign Wars (1995) • Governor’s Crime Prevention Award (1994) • Honor Graduate, Basic Law Enforcement Training, NC Justice Academy (1986) • Honor Graduate, Fire Fighter Academy, Ohio Fire Training Academy (1984) • Honor Graduate, Security Police Academy, USAF (1979) • Bronze Star Medal with Valor device, US Army (2005) • Meritorious Service Medal, US Army (2005) • Defense Meritorious Service Medal, US Dept. of Defense (2016)
- • Taylor, R.G. Summer 1997. “Ethically Correct.” The Journal, The Voice of Law Enforcement 35-39. • Taylor, R.G. Mar/Apr 1998. “Creating an Ethical Atmosphere.” Community Policing Consortium 3-5. • Taylor, R.G. & Tucker, M. Oct 2015. “Action Always Beats Reaction – Or Does It”. International Law Enforcement Educators and Trainers Association Journal 7-9.
- • Detachment Commander 138th MP Det. (TDRC), Ft. Bragg, NC 6/2018 to Present • Detachment Commander 346th MP Det. (DCL), Nashville, TN 12/2017 – 5/2018 • Force Protection Officer US Forces Command, Ft. Bragg, NC 6/2017 – 11/2017 • Deputy Asst. Adj. General Personnel & Manpower, VA National Guard 10/16 – 5/2017 • Provost Marshal Joint Civil Support Task Force, Joint Chiefs of Staff –7/2014 to 9/2016 • Provost Marshal, VA Army National Guard, Joint Forces Headquarters, Sandston, VA 5/2010-6/2014 • Company Commander, VA Army National Guard, 329th Regional Support Group, Virginia Beach, VA 23451, 2/2008-5/2010 • Executive Officer, VA Army National Guard, Joint Forces Headquarters, Ft. Pickett, VA 7/2006 – 2/2008 • Platoon Leader, NC Army National Guard, Jefferson, NC. Active Duty in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom 1/15/2004 to 4/10/2005 • Host Nation Transportation Officer, NC Army National Guard, Durham, NC 9/2002-12/2003 • Counter Intelligence Agent, NC Army National Guard, Morrisville, NC 4/2000-3/2001 • Security Police/Explosive Detection Dog Handler, USAF Ellsworth AFB, SD 2/80-5/82
Listed in the Following States
Taylor Law Enforcement Consulting Group is listed with ExpertPages in the following jurisdictions: All US Regions and States, Canada (all Provinces).