Taylor Law Enforcement Consulting Group
9650 Strickland Rd. Suite 103-162 Raleigh, NC 27615
About the Expert
The Taylor Law Enforcement Consulting Group offers expert witness consultants specializing in law enforcement operations. We provide consulting and expert witness consultation to attorneys, insurance industry, and facilities involved in litigation. When you need a law enforcement expert, we specialize in police policies, use of force to include deadly force, electronic control devices, less than lethal weapons, high speed vehicle pursuits, failure to train, negligent retention, K-9 utilization, and failure to supervise.
Areas of Expertise
- Deadly or Excessive Force
- Police Practices and Activities
- • PhD Candidate, Criminal Justice and Public Policy, Walden University, MD • Master of Science Occupational Safety, East Carolina University, Greenville, NC 2003 • Bachelor of Science Criminal Justice, Mount Olive College, Mt. Olive, NC 1997 • Command and General Staff College, US Army, Fort Leavenworth, KS 2014
- • Advanced Force Science Specialist, Force Science Institute • NC Law Enforcement Officer, Advanced Certificate • NC Criminal Justice Instructor Certification (firearms, physical fitness, hazardous materials & first responder) • NC Private Protective Services, Armed and Unarmed Guard Instructor • TASER Instructor • NC Concealed Handgun Instructor • VA Private Investigator • VA Department of Criminal Justice Services Instructor (Special Conservator, Firearms, Armed and Unarmed Guard) • Physical Security Inspector, Department of Defense • Certified Homeland Security Specialist III, American College of Forensic Examiners International • Certified Manager, Institute of Professional Managers • Command & General Staff - Complex Incident Management IS 400
- • National Community Policing Award, National League of Cities (1997) • Law Enforcement Leadership Award, Mothers Against Drunk Drivers (1995) • Law Enforcement Officer of the year for State of NC, Veterans of Foreign Wars (1995) • Governor’s Crime Prevention Award (1994) • Honor Graduate, Basic Law Enforcement Training, NC Justice Academy (1986) • Honor Graduate, Fire Fighter Academy, Ohio Fire Training Academy (1984) • Honor Graduate, Security Police Academy, USAF (1979) • Bronze Star Medal with Valor device, US Army (2005) • Meritorious Service Medal, US Army (2005) • Defense Meritorious Service Medal, US Dept. of Defense (2016)
- • Taylor, R.G. Summer 1997. “Ethically Correct.” The Journal, The Voice of Law Enforcement 35-39. • Taylor, R.G. Mar/Apr 1998. “Creating an Ethical Atmosphere.” Community Policing Consortium 3-5. • Taylor, R.G. & Tucker, M. Oct 2015. “Action Always Beats Reaction – Or Does It”. International Law Enforcement Educators and Trainers Association Journal 7-9.
- • Detachment Commander 138th MP Det. (TDRC), Ft. Bragg, NC 6/2018 to Present • Detachment Commander 346th MP Det. (DCL), Nashville, TN 12/2017 – 5/2018 • Force Protection Officer US Forces Command, Ft. Bragg, NC 6/2017 – 11/2017 • Deputy Asst. Adj. General Personnel & Manpower, VA National Guard 10/16 – 5/2017 • Provost Marshal Joint Civil Support Task Force, Joint Chiefs of Staff –7/2014 to 9/2016 • Provost Marshal, VA Army National Guard, Joint Forces Headquarters, Sandston, VA 5/2010-6/2014 • Company Commander, VA Army National Guard, 329th Regional Support Group, Virginia Beach, VA 23451, 2/2008-5/2010 • Executive Officer, VA Army National Guard, Joint Forces Headquarters, Ft. Pickett, VA 7/2006 – 2/2008 • Platoon Leader, NC Army National Guard, Jefferson, NC. Active Duty in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom 1/15/2004 to 4/10/2005 • Host Nation Transportation Officer, NC Army National Guard, Durham, NC 9/2002-12/2003 • Counter Intelligence Agent, NC Army National Guard, Morrisville, NC 4/2000-3/2001 • Security Police/Explosive Detection Dog Handler, USAF Ellsworth AFB, SD 2/80-5/82
Listed in the Following States
Taylor Law Enforcement Consulting Group is listed with ExpertPages in the following jurisdictions: All US Regions and States, Canada (all Provinces).