Valuation and Forensic Partners, LLC
Brandi Ruffalo, MBA, CVA, CBA, AIFA
1375 E. Woodfield Rd., Ste. 240 Schaumburg, IL 60173
About the Expert
Brandi is founder and president of The Business Development Company and founder of Valuation and Forensic Partners, LLC. Brandi has extensive experience in valuation and financial consulting and provides support and expert witness testimony in litigation matters including shareholder disputes, damages, and lost profit calculations. Brandis work ranges from standardized business valuation to complex financial modeling and analysis involving Monte Carlo simulations and options models. Brandis ability to take complex topics and make them understandable allow her to reduce confusion and enable decisions.
Areas of Expertise
- Appraisal & Valuation General
- Business Valuations
- Contract Disputes
- Economic Damages
- Financial Matters
- Forensic Accounting
- Lost Profits
- University of Chicago, Graduate School of Business - Chicago, IL
- MBA with Honors; Focus in Finance and Entrepreneurship
- Entrepreneurship Texas A&M University - College Station, TX BBA in Business Analysis/MIS; College of Business Administration Fellow
- American Business Appraisers National Network
- National Association of Certified Valuators & Analysts (NACVA)
- Institute of Business Appraisers Association of Divorce Financial Planners (ADFP)
- American Society of Appraisers (ASA)
- Cost of Capital A Practitioners Perspective, The 25th Annual Business Valuation Conference by the MN Assoc. of Business Valuation Professionals , February 2015.
- Whats Fair About Business Value in Divorce? Or Whats Fair Value in Divorce? Association of Divorce Financial Planners 12th Annual Conference, October 2014.
- Cost of Capital Case Study and Panel, Southeast Chapter of Business Appraisers Conference, September 2014.
- The Valuation Quick Fix How Appraisal Abuse Can Destroy a Divorce, Association of Divorce Financial Planners, September 2013.
- Goodwill in Divorce, FICPA Valuation, Forensic Accounting & Litigation Annual Conference, January 2013.
- Advanced Business Valuation Case Study Instructor, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013 for NACVAs Consultants Training Institutes.
- ¨ Advanced Workshop on Normalization Adjustments, Business Valuation Resources Webinar Series, December 2012.
- Fairness Opinions, 2012 Regional Conference, Southeast Chapter of the IBA.
- Advanced Income Approach Advanced Valuation Application and Models Workshop, 2012 NACVA Fall Business Valuation Symposium Featuring Industry Masters.
- How to Keep Valuation From Killing the Deal, 2012 The Alliance of Merger & Acquisition Advisors Summer Conference.
- The World Is Not Flat! An Overview of What US Valuation Practitioners Need to Know About International Business Valuation, 2012 NACVAs Annual Conference.
- Divorce Value and Goodwill, 2011 Regional Business Valuation Conference,
- Southeast Chapter of the IBA.
- Normalizing Financial Statements: Normal or Not? Factors to Consider, 2011 NACVAs Annual Consultants Conference.
- Chapter 6: Excellent Valuation Reports and Chapter 16: Customer
- Relationships, Wiley Guide to Fair Value Under IFRS. (NJ, Wiley, 2010).
- Case Law Update, 2009 NACVAs Annual Consultants Conference General Session.
- Duff & Phelps 2007 Equity Risk Premium Report Webinar, 2008 NACVAs Online Learning Lecture Series.
- Determining Cost of Capital Using Duff & Phelps, 2008 and 2009 NACVAs Consultants Training Institutes.
- Valuation in M&A, 2006 2008 Various Law Firms and Professional Associations.
- Making Sense of the Cost of Capital Hoopla, 2008 NACVAs 15th Annual Conference.
- Supply-Side Models: Are They Relevant in Business Valuation Work? 2007 NACVAs 14th Annual Consultants Conference.
- Making Sense of the Cost of Capital Hoopla 2008, National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts Fifteenth Annual Consultants Conference
- Advanced Tools to Improve Report Writing 2006, 2007, National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts
- Building Blocks of Good Report Writing 2006, 2007, National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts
- Current Update in Valuations 2006, National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts
- Current Update in Valuations 2005, National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts
- Business Valuations: Universal and Fundamental Applications 2004, International Association of Certified Valuation Analysts
Listed in the Following States
Valuation and Forensic Partners, LLC is listed with ExpertPages in the following jurisdictions: All US Regions and States, Canada (all Provinces).