Ajay K. Gupta
Ajay K. Gupta, CISSP, MBA
10209 Riverwood Dr Potomac, MD 20854
About the Expert
I have over 20 years experience in cybersecurity including almost 9 years as a Chief Information Security Officer. Ive also been an IT Risk Manager and have worked in numerous industries including: healthcare, higher education, nonprofits, consulting, wagering, and software development. I'm a published author, invited speaker and have provided Expert Witness testimony for civil cases dealing with cybercrime and liability issues.
Areas of Expertise
- Information Technology
- Leadership Maryland (2015).
- Stanford University Advanced Leadership Program (2014).
- American Society of Agings New Ventures in Leadership Program Alumni (2013).
- Toastmasters Competent Leader & Advanced Communicator Bronze (2014).
- MBA, Georgetown University, Graduated Among Top 10 Students in Class (2005).
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional, (ISC)2 (2002).
- M.S. Electrical Engineering, University of Maryland, College Park (1998).
- B.S. cum Laude Electrical Engineering, University of Maryland, College Park (1995).
- I have received Media and Public Relations training.
- Public Speaking training through Toastmasters International (where I have reached the Advanced Communicator Bronze, and Competent Leader levels).
- Strategic Analytic Thinking (2016) training course conducted by the FBI.
- Toastmasters International
- Leadership Maryland
- UMUC Adjunct Faculty for Cybersecurity
- Authored Books:
- Defend I.T., (May 2004), presenting IT, Security and Privacy case studies.
- Hack I.T., (February 2002), developing a penetration testing methodology.
- Authored Chapters:
- Plugging Security Holes in Online Environments, published August 2008, discussing security countermeasures for e-Commerce applications.
- Managing e-Risk in the 21 Century, published June 2003, discussing IT/Security management.
- Authored Articles:
- IT Challenges in Meeting the Prescribed Treatment for what Ails Healthcare, October 2015, InformIT.com.
- Digital Hippocrates: Hackers, Breaches and Other Threats to EHR, August 2011, Health Data Management.
- Matching your Security Policy and Practices with those of your Hosting Provider, August 2011, Government Security News.
- Securing a Web App at the Last Minute, July 2011, InformIT.Com.
- How to Avoid Customizing an ERP, June 2011, InformIT.Com.
- Resuming Business Operations After a Virus Infection, May 2011, InformIT.Com.
- Customizing an ERP During Implementation? Just Say No, April, 2011, InformIT.Com.
- Maybe Green isnt a Revolution but an Innovation, December 2009, Biz Monthly.com
- Virus Infection What Now?, July 2009, Everything Infosec.Com.
- Insider Alert, November 2002, InformIT.Com.
- The Art of Social Engineering, August 2002, InformIT.Com.
- Small Office Security, August 2002, InformIT.Com.
- Database Issues in Homeland Security, August 2002, InformIT.Com.
- Six Steps to Security Awareness, July 2002, InformIT.Com.
- Developing a Continuity of Operations Plan, July 2002, InformIT.Com.
- Additional published articles appear on LinkedIn.
- Authored Blogs:
- Health Access Blog: http://www.healthsolutionsresearch.org/blog
- Cybersecurity Blog Posts: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ajayguptacissp
- o Virtual Infrastructures have Real Risks, Too; September 1, 2016
- o The Internet of Things is about Control, August 23, 2016
- I have served as an expert witness for Cybersecurity issues in cases including personal injury and divorce ranging from a few weeks to almost 10 months in duration.
- Ajay K Gupta Expert Witness
Brochure on Expert Witness Services in Cybersecurity
Listed in the Following States
Ajay K. Gupta is listed with ExpertPages in the following jurisdictions: All US Regions and States, Canada (all Provinces).