P.O. Box 220442 Saint Louis, MO 63122
About the Expert
David H Williams is an expert in wireless/mobile location technology, applications, and services. His specialties include GPS tracking, cellular forensics, location-based services (LBS), E911, Internet of Things (IoT), and other wireless location technologies and services. He has served
as an expert in over 150 location-related patent/IP, cellphone forensics, anti-trust, ITC, and criminal/civil cases since 2007. He has been deposed 14 times and has testified in court 5 times, including Federal District Court.
We also provide cellphone forensic data extraction, analysis, reports, and testimony on the validity and accuracy of electronic data in accident reconstruction and crime/crime scene analysis. This includes all types of GPS-based, triangulation-based, and cell tower-based systems and emergency/public safety E911/112/110 systems, as well as many other location-based survelliance devices and associated tracking technologies and systems. We use CDR (Call Detail Records), NELOS,PCMD, RTT, and EVDO data, using Hawk Analytics and Paraben/Cellebrite cellphone tools. We also analyze data from other sensor-types (particularly IoT and OBD II port-based sensors for trucks/vehicles) using various forensic tools.
Mr. Williams is different in that he learned his craft from the inside - designing and implementing location architectures and systems for wireless carriers, location services application providers, and other companies. Thus, when others get stopped by 'the carrier/app provider said...', Mr. WIlliams can can provide the detailed explanations about why that is (or is not) accurate AND know what questions to ask to get to the real heart of the matter.
He is also different in that he can provide mobile forensics investigation and reconstruction regardless of the platform from which the location records are extracted. This capability is rapidly becoming critical as location applications proliferate, and 'old fashioned' phone and even text records (the historical bread-and-butter of the mobile forensics world) lessens in relative importance. Platforms Mr. Williams has worked with/has expertise on include:
Apple and Google (iOS and Android)
AVL (Automatic Vehicle Location) Systems (Multiple Platforms)
Aviation (GPS systems)
Connected Cars/Driverless Cars
E911 (Wireless Enhanced 9-1-1 systems)
(Specialty) GPS (e.g Parolee Ankle Bracelets, Asset Trackers)
Home/Industrial Automation systems
Internet of Things (Multiple Platforms)
Internet web browsing (multiple platforms)
SMART systems (Cities, Buildings, Infrastructure)
Social Media (beyond Facebook)
Survelliance and Safety Systems
Areas of Expertise
- Communications - Telecommunications
- Electrical Engineering
- GPS Tracking
- BSEE - Purdue University (top honors); MBA - The University of Texas at Austin (1st in graduating class)
- Trained on numerous mobile/computer/data extraction and analysis tools including Cellebrite, Paraben, and Cell Hawk.
- NENA, APCO
- Certified in Emergency Management Response (CERT)
- Patent - ;Method and apparatus for providing mobile social networking privacy." (U.S. Patent Number 8,613,109, issued on December 17, 2013)
- 1. The Definitive Guide To RFID, Wi-Fi, BLE, UWB, Ultrasound, Infrared, and Other RTLS and IoT Technologies (available May 2019)
- The Definitive Guide to GPS, RFID, Wi-Fi, and Other Wireless Location-Based Services (2 versions)
- The Definitive Guide to Wireless E911
- The Definitive Guide to Mobile Positioning and Location Management (Co-authored)
- David H. Williams CV - June 2020
David H. Williams CV - June 2020, including litigation support experience
Listed in the Following States
E911-LBS Consulting is listed with ExpertPages in the following jurisdictions: All US Regions and States, Canada (all Provinces).