Westney Consulting Group Inc.
1800 West Loop South Suite 1200 Houston, TX 77027
About the Expert
45 years experience in project cost estimating, cost-risk analysis, cost forecasting & control. Past-President, Fellow, Award of Merit winner, AACE International. Author of 5 books on project cost- and risk-management. Visiting faculty for Construction Executive programs at leading universities worldwide.
Areas of Expertise
- Construction Claims
- Project Management
OGJ Exec Spotlight Interview Westney
- Harvard Business School (3-year Owner/President Management Program)
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (MS Management Science)
- City College of New York (BS Mechanical Engineering)
- Licensed Professional Engineer, Texas
- Certified Project Management Professional
- AACE International (leading global organization for project cost management). Past President, Fellow, and Award of Merit winner - one of only 5 members worldwide to have received all three distinctions.
- Engineering & Construction Contracting Association (ECC). Board member and Executive Advisory Committee member for past 10 years. Frequent presenter at Annual Conference.
- Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE). Instructor for Project & Facilities Management courses, presenter at annual conference, program committee for Offshore Technology Conference (OTC)
- Project Management Institute (PMI)
- Award of Merit for service to the Cost Engineering Profession (AACE International)
- Oil & Gas Financial Journal
- Five books on Cost Engineering, Project Management, Project Risk Management
- Numerous articles and presentations, e.g.: Built-In Bias Jeopardizes Project Success (Society of Petroleum Engineers), Board Oversight of Major Capital Projects (The Corporate Board), The Challenges of Project Management (Oil & Gas Financial Journal), Executive Spotlight video series (Oil & Gas Journal).
- Five years subject matter expert/expert witness experience involving cost estimating and cost-risk analysis for large oil & gas production and transportation projects in Alaska.
Percentage of time spent as expert
- Five years subject matter expert/expert witness experience involving cost estimating and cost-risk analysis for large oil & gas production and transportation projects in Alaska.%
Listed in the Following States
Westney Consulting Group Inc. is listed with ExpertPages in the following jurisdictions: All US Regions and States, Canada (all Provinces).