Core Devices Inc.
8342 Del Crest Drive Suite 403 Saint Louis, MO 63124
About the Expert
Dr. Izuchukwu is an expert in product liability and patent infringement cases. His areas of expertise include endoscopic surgical staplers, skin staplers, ligation devices, clip appliers, linear and circular cutters, graspers, suturing devices, respiratory devices, respiratory masks, anesthesia machines, drug delivery devices, compressed gas containers, surgical staplers, pressure regulators, oxygen conservers, oxygen concentrators, cryogenic oxygen devices, compressed oxygen cylinders breathing circuits, endoscopic devices liquid oxygen systems, breathing tubes, sleep diagnosis and monitoring devices, sleep apnea products, sleep masks and sleep therapy devices, such as CPAP machines, CPAP devices, BPAP machines, BPAP devices and portable ventilators. During his industry career, he designed more than two dozen commercially successful medical devices, manufacturing process and quality control procedures, in compliance with FDA and CE Quality Systems Regulations. With 19 utility patents issued to him, Dr. Izuchukwu has successfully testified as an expert witness on product liability prosecution and defense cases, and has served as a consultant as well as expert on patent litigation cases. His forensic skills includes ability to pin-point causes of device and equipment failures, whether attributable to design or manufacturing defects, operator misuse or error. Attorneys have found Dr. Izuchukwus unique educational, professional and life experience to be useful, when arguing their cases. In fact his expert testimony has led to several uncontested positive conclusions.
Areas of Expertise
- Failure Analysis
- Intellectual Property
- Medical Devices
- Patent Infringement
- Patents & Trademarks
- Products Liability
- MBA Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL, 2002
- Ph.D. Industrial & Mechanical Engineering, Northeastern University, Boston, MA, 1994
- MS Mechanical Engineering, University of Portland, Portland, OR, 1984
- BS Industrial & Mechanical Engineering, University of Portland, Portland, OR, 1980
- Registered Professional Engineer Missouri
- Certificate New Product Development, Harvard Business School, Certificate European Medical Device Directives for Product Safety and Testing, TUV Rheinland N.A.
- Member American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Senior Member Institute of Industrial Engineers
- Adjunct Professor Missouri University of Science & Technology
- Adjunct Professor Saint Louis University
- Adjunct Professor University of Maryland University College
- Adjunct Professor Fontbonne University
- Adjunct Professor Babson College
- Adjunct Professor Framingham State College
- Johnson & Johnson Achievement Award for Design Quality Assurance
- Ethicon Endo-Surgery Innovation Award for Inventions and Invention Disclosures
- UMR Faculty Recognition for contribution to Engineering Education Center
- DEC 100 and DECathalon Awards for impact on revenue growth
- Marquis Whos who in Science & Engineering,
- Marquis Whos Who in The World
- Marquis Whos Who in America
- 2000 Scientists of the 20th Century, Intl Biographical Center Cambridge, England.
- See attachment below
Percentage of time spent as expert
Number of expert assignments / year
Listed in the Following States
Core Devices Inc. is listed with ExpertPages in the following jurisdictions: All US Regions and States, Canada (all Provinces).