Jack W. Harris Inc.
4610 S. Ulster St. Suite 150 Denver, CO 80237
About the Expert
We provide forensic accounting services in construction, real estate, energy, mining, insurance, surety and related areas. We have completed numerous domestic and international engagements. Our work is planned and executed with the objective of providing opinions as to the reasonableness and reliability of the costs and damages within the standard of a reasonable degree of accounting certainty.
Areas of Expertise
- Business Valuations
- Construction Claims
- Financial Matters
- Forensic Accounting
- Lost Profits
- M.B.A., Finance, University of San Diego, San Diego, California
- B.S., Accounting, San Diego State University, San Diego, California
- Certified Public Accountant
- National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts (NACVA) Business Valuation and Certification Training, and Advanced Valuation and Case Study Workshop
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), Business Valuation - Certificate of Educational Achievement
- American Arbitration Association Arbitration Fundamentals and Best Practices for New Arbitrators, 2012; AAA Basic Arbitrator Training
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- National Association of Certified Valuation Analysis
- The Institute of Internal Auditors
- American Bar Association - Forum on the Construction Industry
- American Arbitration Association Neutral
- Appointed as Neutral for Construction and Accounting Matters - American Arbitration Association
- Contractor's Lost Profits Due to Impaired Surety Bonding Capacity - Published in the National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts in its QuickRead publication - September 26, 2019
- What Happens In Vegas... Fraud Uncovered On A Resort Casino Construction Project - Presentation to the Colorado/Wyoming NACVA Chapter - August 22, 2019
- What Is the "Reasonable Degree of Accounting Certainty" Standard in Economic Damages? - Colorado Trial Lawyers Association - Trial Talk - June/July 2019 - Volume 68 Issue 4
- Commercial Damages: Lost Profits Analysis - Webinar presentation to the Wyoming Trial Lawyers Association - May 2018
- Construction Claims - Panelist at NACVA State Chapter Meeting - December 2016
- Construction Contract Audits and Fraud - Training provided to the Texas Department Of Transportation Internal Audit Staff - July 2012
- Cost-Plus Contracts - The Profit's In The Audit - Construction Claims Advisor, WPL Publishing Co - February 2012 - Co-presented Webinar with Sonia Desai
- Construction Cost Auditing - When The Owner Exercises Its Right - Construction Accounting And Taxation - January/February 2012 Issue
- The Value Of Damages: More Than Cost Impacts - Association For The Advancement Of Cost Engineers - Co-authored with Sonia Desai, CA, CBV - Submitted 1/31/2011 - Accepted and presented at the AACE Annual Meeting June, 21 2011.
- Moderator - Associated Owners and Developers - 2010 National Conference - Atlanta - September 2010 - New Orleans - October 2010
- Contractors in Pricing Construction Claims - CPA Insider - American Institute of Certified Public Accountants - January 25, 2010. Co-authored with Sonia Desai, CA, CBV.
- Lost Profits Analysis - Lost Business Opportunities - Association For The Advancement of Cost Engineers - Submitted January 31, 2007 and presented at the AACE Annual Meeting July 18, 2007.
- Construction Fraud: Beware The "Outside Facilitator" Association of Certified Fraud Examiners - Colorado Chapter Presentation - January, 2005; Denver, Colorado
- Measuring the Contractor's Damages by "Actual Costs" - Can it be Done? - The Construction Lawyer - Journal of the Forum on the Construction Industry - Volume 25, Number 1, Winter 2005 - Co-authored with Allen Overcash.
- Construction Contract Auditing - The Owner's Perspective - Rocky Mountain Area Conference - Accounting & Auditing Track - September, 2004 in Arvada, Colorado
- Cost Validation Methodology-New Systems Implementation - Association For The Advancement of Cost Engineers - Presented at the AACE Annual Meeting, June, 2004 in Washington, DC.
- Construction Fraud: Beware The Outside Facilitator - Association of Certified Fraud Examiners - Technical paper published in May/June 2004 issue of the ACFE's "Fraud Magazine", Vol.18, No. 3.
- Cost Verification Methodology - Presented to the Association For The Advancement of Cost Engineers, Rocky Mountain Chapter - March, 2004; Denver, Colorado
- Cost Validation Methodology-New Systems Implementation - Association For The Advancement of Cost Engineers - Technical paper published June, 2004
- Claims Preparation Workshop - American Institute of Certified Public Accountants - Presented the Technical paper at the AICPA National Construction Industry Conference December 11th and 12th, 2003 in Las Vegas, Nevada - Presented with William Schwartzkopf.
- Claims Preparation Workshop - American Institute of Certified Public Accountants - Technical paper submitted October, 2003 - Co-authored with William Schwartzkopf.
- Practical Analyses In Proving Damages - Association For The Advancement of Cost Engineers - Presented at the AACE June, 2003 Annual Meeting, Orlando, Florida
- Practical Analyses In Proving Damages - Association For The Advancement of Cost Engineers - Technical paper published June, 2003 - Co-authored with Andrew Ainsworth.
- Working With Other Experts - The Accountant's Viewpoint - Presented to the Colorado Society of Certified Public Accountants - Litigation Support Conference - 1998
- Construction Contract Accounting - Presented to the Associated General Contractors - Omaha, Nebraska Building Chapter - Series of presentations in 5 cities throughout Nebraska - 1995
- Construction Contract Auditing - Presented to The Institute of Internal Auditors - Des Moines, Iowa Chapter - 1995
- Construction Contract Auditing - Presented to The Institute of Internal Auditors - Omaha, Nebraska Chapter - 1994
Percentage of time spent as expert
Listed in the Following States
Jack W. Harris Inc. is listed with ExpertPages in the following jurisdictions: All US Regions and States, Canada (all Provinces).