Jack W. Harris Inc.
Jack W. Harris, CPA
4610 S. Ulster St. Suite 150 Denver, CO 80237
About the Expert
We provide forensic accounting services in construction, real estate, energy, mining, insurance, surety and related areas. We have completed numerous domestic and international engagements. Our work is planned and executed with the objective of providing opinions as to the reasonableness and reliability of the costs and damages within the standard of a reasonable degree of accounting certainty.
Areas of Expertise
- Business Valuations
- Construction Claims
- Financial Matters
- Forensic Accounting
- Lost Profits
- M.B.A., Finance, University of San Diego, San Diego, California
- B.S., Accounting, San Diego State University, San Diego, California
- Certified Public Accountant
- National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts (NACVA) Business Valuation and Certification Training, and Advanced Valuation and Case Study Workshop
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), Business Valuation - Certificate of Educational Achievement
- American Arbitration Association Arbitration Fundamentals and Best Practices for New Arbitrators, 2012; AAA Basic Arbitrator Training
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- National Association of Certified Valuation Analysis
- The Institute of Internal Auditors
- American Bar Association - Forum on the Construction Industry
- American Arbitration Association Neutral
- Appointed as Neutral for Construction and Accounting Matters - American Arbitration Association
- Construction Contract Audits and Fraud Training provided to the Texas Department Of Transportation Internal Audit Staff July 2012
- Cost-Plus Contracts The Profits In The Audit Construction Claims Advisor, WPL Publishing Co February 2012 Co-presented Webinar with Sonia Desai
- Construction Cost Auditing When The Owner Exercises Its Right Construction Accounting And Taxation January/February 2012 Issue
- The Value Of Damages: More Than Cost Impacts Association For The Advancement Of Cost Engineers - Co-authored with Sonia Desai, CA, CBV Submitted 1/31/2011 Accepted and presented at the AACE Annual Meeting June, 21 2011.
- Moderator - Associated Owners and Developers 2010 National Conference Atlanta September 2010 New Orleans October 2010
- Contractors in Pricing Construction Claims CPA Insider - American Institute of Certified Public Accountants January 25, 2010. Co-authored with Sonia Desai, CA, CBV.
- Lost Profits Analysis Lost Business Opportunities - Association For The Advancement of Cost Engineers Submitted January 31, 2007 and presented at the AACE Annual Meeting July 18, 2007.
- Construction Fraud: Beware The Outside Facilitator Association of Certified Fraud Examiners Colorado Chapter Presentation January, 2005; Denver, Colorado
- Measuring the Contractors Damages by Actual CostsCan it be Done? The Construction Lawyer Journal of the Forum on the Construction Industry Volume 25, Number 1, Winter 2005 Co-authored with Allen Overcash.
- Cost Validation Methodology-New Systems Implementation Association For The Advancement of Cost Engineers Presented at the AACE Annual Meeting, June, 2004 in Washington, DC.
- Cost Verification Methodology Presented to the Association For The Advancement of Cost Engineers, Rocky Mountain Chapter March, 2004; Denver, Colorado
- Cost Validation Methodology-New Systems Implementation Association For The Advancement of Cost Engineers Technical paper published June, 2004
- Claims Preparation Workshop American Institute of Certified Public Accountants - Presented the Technical paper at the AICPA National Construction Industry Conference December 11th and 12th, 2003 in Las Vegas, Nevada Presented with William Schwartzkopf.
- Claims Preparation Workshop American Institute of Certified Public Accountants Technical paper submitted October, 2003 Co-authored with William Schwartzkopf.
- Practical Analyses In Proving Damages Association For The Advancement of Cost Engineers Presented at the AACE June, 2003 Annual Meeting, Orlando, Florida
- Practical Analyses In Proving Damages Association For The Advancement of Cost Engineers Technical paper published June, 2003 Co-authored with Andrew Ainsworth.
- Working With Other Experts The Accountants Viewpoint Presented to the Colorado Society of Certified Public Accountants Litigation Support Conference - 1998
- Construction Contract Accounting Presented to the Associated General Contractors Omaha, Nebraska Building Chapter Series of presentations in 5 cities throughout Nebraska - 1995
- Construction Contract Auditing Presented to The Institute of Internal Auditors Des Moines, Iowa Chapter 1995
- Construction Contract Auditing Presented to The Institute of Internal Auditors Omaha, Nebraska Chapter - 1994
- EXPERT TESTIMONY - (T) and DEPOSITIONS - (D)
- (T) (D) Dietzel Enterprises, Inc. v. Great Southwestern Construction, Inc. AAA Case No. 01-15-0004-1259 2016
- (T) (D) Castle Rock Construction of Colorado v. Sema Construction AAA Case No. 01-14-0002-2927 2016
- (D) Triad Construction Company, Inc. (Triad or Plaintiff) v. Robert Half International, Inc. d/b/a Accountemps (RHI or Defendant) In The United States Court For The Northern District Of Georgia Atlanta Division Case No. 1:13-cv-03581-ODE
- (T) (D) 1804 Operating, LLC (Claimant), v. JN Field Services, LLC (Respondent) AAA Case No. 01-14-0000-5714 2015
- (T) Federal Contracting, Inc. d/b/a Bryan Construction, Inc. v. Construction Management, Inc.
- Colorado Arbitration JAG No.: 2013-1257A
- (D) Coors Brewing Company, a Colorado corporation, (Plaintiff), v. Jacobs Engineering Group Inc., a Delaware corporation, and Jacobs Construction Services, Inc., a Delaware corporation, (Defendants)
- In The United States District Court For The District Of Colorado Civil Action No. 08-cv-00985-RPM 2012, 2010
- (T) Hungry Horse, LLC, a New Mexico limited liability company, Claimant, v. E Light Electric Services, Inc. a Colorado corporation, Respondent American Arbitration Association - Denver, Colorado - Case No. CAM 12112 A 2012
- (D) Plaintiffs: Steadfast Insurance Company, et. al. v. Defendants: Terracon, Inc., doing business as Terracon Consultants, et. al. District Court, County Of Jefferson, State Of Colorado, Case Number 2008CV5270, Division 5
- (T) (D) Plaintiff/Counterclaim Defendant: National Mortgage Investors, LLC, a Connecticut limited liability company, v. Defendant/Counterclaim Plaintiff: Beazer Homes Holdings Corp., a Delaware corporation, v. Third-Party Defendants: Stuart Katz, as Trustee for MDB 47 Family Trust dated January 11, 2003; and Ana Maria Peters-Ruddick as Public Trustee of Arapahoe County, Colorado.
- District Court, County Of Arapahoe, State Of Colorado, Case Number: 08-CV-942 Division: 407
- 2012, 2011
- (T) People Of The State Of Colorado v. Jerry Lee Rhea District Court, Adams County, State of Colorado, Case No. 11CR276 2012
- (D) Board of County Commissioners for Larimer County, State of Colorado (Plaintiff) v. The Neenan Company, LLLP, etal. (Defendants)
- District Court, Larimer County, State of Colorado, Case No. 08 CV 1258
- (D) Layton Construction Co., Inc., (Plaintiff), v. Barclays Capital Real Estate Inc., etal. (Defendants) District Court, County of Eagle, State of Colorado, Case Number 2009 CV 606 2011
- (D) CWG Investments, Inc., etal. (Plaintiffs/Counterdefendants) vs. 95 Palma, LLC, etal. (Defendants/Counterclaimants) In The Superior Court Of The State Of Arizona In And For The County Of Mojave Case No. CV 2007-7115 2010
- (T) (D) Parker Excavating, Inc. v. Castle Rock Construction Company of Colorado, LLC In The United States Bankruptcy Court For The District Of Colorado Case No: 08-19552 MER 2010
- (D) The Whiting-Turner Contracting Company v. KBJ Architects, Inc., etal. Circuit Court Of The Ninth Judicial Circuit, In And For Osceola County, Florida Case No: CI-07-CI-176 2010
- (T) (D) URS Group, Inc. v. Tetra Tech FW, Inc. and Foster Wheeler Environmental Corporation In the District Court in and for the County of Jefferson, Colorado Case No: 04-CV-3482 2009
- (T) (D) Serge M. DElia and Lilian C.S.L. DElia, individually and as Trustees of the DElia Family Trust, etal. (Plaintiffs/Counterdefendants) vs. Schuler Custom Homes Construction, Inc., Clint Schuler and Shlee Schuler, husband and wife, Thunder Publishing, Inc. (Defendants/Counterclaimants)
- District Court for the Seventh Judicial District in and for Natrona County, State of Wyoming Civil Action No. 85024-B
- (T) Ripple Resort Media, Inc. v. Skiview Corporation United Stated District Court District of Colorado Case No. 06CV01856WYD-BNB 2008
- (T) (D) Zehren and Associates, Inc., and Monroe & Newell Engineers, Inc., (Claimants) v. Braeburn Real Estate Development, LLC, Braeburn Builders LTD, Douglas R. Boyles, and Timothy F. White (Respondents and Third-Party Claimants) v. The EP Boundary, LLC and Michael V. Barry (Third-Party Respondent)
- American Arbitration Association - Denver, Colorado - Case No. 77 110 Y 00242 07 SHST
- (T) Moceri Construction, Inc., a Washington Corp. v. Edward A. Kitzmiller and Linda D. Kitzmiller
- Arbitration Bellingham, Washington 2007
- Hook vs. Barmore American Arbitration Association/Western Case Management Center Arbitration No. 77-180-00255-03JRJ 2007
- (D) Dannys Construction Company, Inc. v. Travelers Casualty and Surety Company of America Northern District of Illinois - Case No. 05 CV 4799 2007
- (D) Luchts Concrete Pumping, Inc. v. Tracy Horner and Everest Materials, LLC Summit County District Court Case No. 04CV160 2006
- (D) Errecas, Inc., a California corporation (Claimant) v. Safeco Insurance Company of America, a Washington corporation; Real Estate Collateral Management Company, Inc., a Delaware corporation
- JAMS Arbitration San Diego - Case No: 1240016813
- (T) Hallie Blake Forsyth (Plaintiff) v. Duane OHara, Individually, and Wild Irishman Tree and Landscape, Inc. (Defendants) Adams County District Court, Case Number 04CV1126, Division C, Courtroom 4
- (D) URS Group, Inc. v. Tetra Tech FW, Inc. and Foster Wheeler Environmental Corporation In the District Court in and for the County of Jefferson, Colorado Case No: 04-CV-3482
- 2006, 2005
- (D) El Dorado Irrigation District v. Traylor Bros., Inc. et al. United States District Court Eastern District of California Case No: CIV S-03-0949 LKK GGH
- (D) Livingston Builders, Inc. v. L. Frank Chopin as Trustee of the Palm Beach Trust dated October 1, 1998, and not individually In the Circuit Court of the 15th Judicial Circuit in and for Palm Beach County, Florida Case No: 025113 AB
- Petitioner: Nina Kim Dunafon
- Respondent: Wade Dunafon
- District Court, Jefferson County, Colorado - 100 Jefferson County Pkwy
- Golden, CO 80401 - Case Number: 04DR1899 - Division: Q-7
- (D) Plaintiff MCR Construction, Inc. v. Defendants Denny Construction, Inc., William B. Denny also known as Bill Denny, Insurance Company Of The West also known as ICW Group, City and County of Denver, Colorado, acting through its Board of Water Commissioners and doing business under the trade name and/or service name Denver Water Board, and Regional Transportation District doing business under the trade name and/or service name RTD.
- District Court, City and County of Denver, State of Colorado
- 1437 Bannock Street, Denver, Colorado 80202 - Case Number 2004CV3760
- (T) Plaintiffs - Fluor Daniel Intercontinental Inc., and Fluor Arabia Limited, Claimants, v. Defendants - General Electric Company, GE Power Systems, Inc. General Electric International, Inc., General Electric Technical Services Company, Inc., and Saudi American General Electric Company, Respondents.
- Arbitrated under AAA International Rules for Construction held at the Waldorf Astoria in New York, NY - AAA Case No. 50 T 110 00373 99
- Stone & Webster, Inc., Claimant v. Cordova Energy Company, LLC, Respondent
- Arbitration under AAA held July, 2003 at the Allegro Suite of the Allegro Hotel, Room 1934, 171 West Randolph Street, Chicago, IL - AAA Case No. 58-Y-198-00146-02
- (D) Toltec Builders, Inc. (Claimant) v. Norman Waitt, Matthew Rix d/b/a Matrixx Technologies and
- Chelsea Real Estate, Inc. (Respondents and Counter-Claimants)
- Arbitration under AAA held in Santa Fe, NM AAA Case No. 76 M 110 00319 00 MAGE
- (T) (D) ABC Electric v. Nebraska Beef US District Court, NE 1999
- (D) Williamson v. Rea Denver District Court, CO 1998
- (T) (D) Sq. Ft. Dev. Co. v. Bankers Ins. Boulder County, CO 1997
- (D) Norton v. Parkway OB-GYN, P.C. Douglas County, NE 1996
- (T) Childers v. Childers Box Butte County, NE 1996
- (T) James E. Simon Co. v. La Quinta Golf Prop. Riverside County, CA 1994
Percentage of time spent as expert
Listed in the Following States
Jack W. Harris Inc. is listed with ExpertPages in the following jurisdictions: All US Regions and States, Canada (all Provinces).