CASE Consultants & Forensics
Kamran Nemati, Ph.D., P.E., F.ASCE, F.ACI
NA Irvine, CA 92614
About the Expert
Technical assessments involving structural and construction related issues including residential, commercial, transportation, and industrial projects. Determining the cause, origin, and extent of structural failures, construction defects, materials defect, and water intrusion related distress. Investigation of settlement and foundation failure, construction liability, materials of construction and evaluation of structural damage and defect. Developing repair strategies.
Areas of Expertise
- Civil Engineering
- Concrete / Cement Technology
- Engineering Forensic Disciplines
- Ph.D. (Civil Engineering: Structural Materials and Concrete Technology), University of California at Berkeley
- M.C.P. (City and Regional Planning: Transportation Planning), University of California at Berkeley
- M.Eng. (Civil Engineering: Geotechnical and Construction Engineering), University of California at Berkeley
- M.S. (Civil Engineering: Environmental Engineering), University of California at Berkeley
- Professional Engineer - California
- Professional Engineer - Washington
- Professional Engineer - New York
- Professional Engineer - Nevada
- American Concrete Institute (ACI).
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE).
- Materials Research Society (MRS).
- International Association for Fracture Mechanics of Concrete and Concrete Structures (FraMCoS).
- International Union of Testing and Research Laboratories for Materials and Structures (RILEM)
- Fellow, American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
- Fellow, American Concrete Institute (ACI)
- Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS), Overseas Fellow, the University of Tokyo, Japan
- Associate Editor for the American Society of Civil Engineers Materials Journal
- K.L. Scrivener and K.M. Nemati The Percolation of Pore Space in the Cement Paste/Aggregate Interfacial Zone of Concrete, Cement and Concrete Research, Volume 26, Number 1, pp. 35-40, January 1996.
- C.T. Chang, P. Monteiro, K. Nemati, and K. Shyu Behavior of Marble Under Compression, American Society of Civil Engineers, Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, Volume 8, Number 3, pp. 157-170, August 1996.
- A. Carpinteri, B. Chiaia, and K.M. Nemati Complex Fracture Energy Dissipation in Concrete under Different Loading Conditions, Mechanics of Materials, Volume 26, Number 2, pp. 93-108, September 1997.
- K.M. Nemati and P.J.M. Monteiro A New Method To Observe Three-Dimensional Fractures In Concrete Using Liquid Metal Porosimetry Technique, Cement and Concrete Research, Volume 27, Number 9, pp. 1333-1341, September 1997.
- K.M. Nemati Fracture Analysis of Concrete Using Scanning Electron Microscopy, Scanning, The Journal of Scanning Microscopies, Volume 19, Number 6, pp. 426-430, September 1997.
- K.M. Nemati, P.J.M. Monteiro, and N.G.W. Cook A New Method for Studying Stress-Induced Microcracks in Concrete, American Society of Civil Engineers, Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, Volume 10, Number 3, pp. 128-134, August 1998.
- K.M. Nemati, P.J.M. Monteiro, and K.L. Scrivener Analysis of Compressive Stress-Induced Cracks in Concrete, American Concrete Institute Materials Journal, Volume 95, Number 5, pp. 617-631, September-October 1998.
- K.M. Nemati and P. Stroeven Stereological Analysis of Micromechanical Behavior of Concrete, Materials and Structures /Matériaux et Constructions, RILEM, Volume 34, Number 242, pp. 486-494, October 2001.
- Z.P. Bazant et al. (K.M. Nemati) RILEM TC QFS Quasibrittle fracture scaling and size effect- Final report Materials and Structures /Matériaux et Constructions, Volume 37, Number 272, pp. 547-568, October, 2004.
- K.M. Nemati and P. Gardoni Microstructural and Statistical Evaluation of Interfacial Zone Percolation in Concrete, Strength, Fracture and Complexity, Volume 3, Number 2-4, pp. 191197, 2005.
- P. Gardoni , K.M. Nemati , and T. Noguchi A Bayesian Statistical Framework to Construct Probabilistic Models for the Elastic Modulus of Concrete, American Society of Civil Engineers, Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, Volume 19, Number 10, pp. 898-905, October 2007.
- T. Noguchi, F. Tomosawa, K.M. Nemati, B.M. Chiaia, and A.P. Fantilli A Practical Equation for Elastic Modulus of Concrete, American Concrete Institute, ACI Structural Journal, Volume 106, Number 5, September-October 2009.
Listed in the Following States
CASE Consultants & Forensics is listed with ExpertPages in the following jurisdictions: All US Regions and States, Canada (all Provinces).