Accident Prevention Investigation Inc.
Ken Shorter, MS, CSP, ARM, TCDS
5916 Foxhall Manor Drive Baltimore, MD 21228
About the Expert
Focused on construction, demolition, traffic control, public injury & industrial accidents. Masters Degree in Safety. Certified Safety Professional. Certified traffic control designer. ANSI A10 Committee member. Crane, forklift, trench, underground utilities, heavy equipment, falls, confined spaces, & other high-risk operations are my specialty.
Areas of Expertise
- Fall Protection
- Machinery & Industrial Equipment
- Safety Engineering
- Safety OSHA
- 2010 - American Society of Safety Professionals - Executive Program in Safety Management
- 1982 - University of Southern California (USC) - Master of Science (MS) in Safety
- 1978 - University of Maryland (UMBC) - B.A. in Psychology and Sociology Other studies: Firefighting and rescue
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) # 8859 - Board of Certified Safety Professionals (1988)
- Associate in Risk Management (ARM) - Insurance Institute of America (1998)
- Certified Traffic Control Design Specialist (TCDS) #38989 American Traffic Safety Services Association (ATSSA) (2011)
- American National Standards Institute (ANSI) Since 2010, I have served as the national representative of American Society of Safety Professionals on the ANSI A10 Committee for Safety in Construction and Demolition Operations. This committee is responsible for producing, updating, and approving 40+ American National Standards for construction, demolition, and public safety.
- American Society of Safety Professionals (previously the American Society of Safety Engineers) Member since 1983. Recognized as a Professional Member since 1988 Member of the Management, Risk Management, Construction, and Consultants Divisions National representative to the ANSI A10 Committee for Safety in Construction and Demolition Operations Award winning Past-President of the Chesapeake Chapter - Baltimore, Maryland Served as a Regional Operating Committee member covering SC, NC, VA, DC, and MD Provided presentations at conferences on fall protection and electrical safety issues
- Chesapeake Region Safety Council Served on the Board of Directors and the Planning Committees for the Construction and Utilities Division and the Annual Maryland Safety Conference Provided presentations at conferences on excavation and electrical safety issues
- June 2012: Published an article in Professional Safety, Journal of the American Society of Safety Engineers, describing my experiences as part of the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) A10 Accredited Standards Committee on Safety in Construction and Demolition Operations
Listed in the Following States
Accident Prevention Investigation Inc. is listed with ExpertPages in the following jurisdictions: All US Regions and States, Canada (all Provinces).