Stephen M. Raffle. M.D. & Associates
Stephen Raffle M.D.
35 Wolfe Grade Kentfield, CA 94904
About the Expert
Stephen M. Raffle, M.D. has conducted over 5,000 psychiatric evaluations and testified in over 150 civil and criminal trials as an expert witness, Board-Certified in Forensic Psychiatry and (general) Psychiatry. He has conducted thousands of Fitness for Duty and Threat Assessments for employers.
Areas of Expertise
- PTSD - Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Undue Influences
- 1980 to 2001 University of California, San Francisco, School of Medicine Assistant Clinical Professor, Psychiatry
- 1983 to 2001 University of California, San Francisco, School of Medicine Assistant Clinical Professor, Orthopedic Surgery
- 1985 to 2000 Center for Trial and Appellate Advocacy Hastings College of Law Faculty1972-83 Herrick Hospital Psychiatric Residency Instructor, Training Program
- 1974-80 University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine Instructor, Psychiatry
- 1969 to Present - State of California
- Formerly (1989-2006) - State of Alaska
- 1989 to Present, American Medical Association
- 1989 to Present, California Medical Association
- 1972 to Present, American Psychiatric Association and Northern California Psychiatric Society
- 1984 to Present, American Academy Psychiatry and Law
- 1994 to Present, California Academy of Medicine
- 1998 to 2004, Fellow, Royal College of Medicine (Member, Forensic Psychiatry Committee)
- 1973 to 1978 Chairman, Committee on Informed Consent. In 1978, this committee merged into Committee on Psychiatry and Law
- 1976-87 Task Force about the Role of the Psychiatrist in the criminal law process, Northern California Psychiatric Society
- 1983-86 Education Committee, Northern California Psychiatric Society
- As Leader, Presenter or Panel Member: Seminars and Training:
- 2011 "A Few Thoughts About the Direction Examination and Cross Examination of a Mental Health Expert Witness in Workers Compensation Proceedings," Sacramento County Bar Association, Featured Speaker
- 2010 Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and Other Stress Response Syndromes, Industrial Claims Association of San Francisco, Featured Speaker
- 2009 Fitness for Duty and Employment Law Seminar, Kaiser Permanente, Featured Speaker
- 2009 Suicide Prevention, and assistance with preparation of suicide prevention materials for Employee Assistance Program at Californias largest utility
- 2009 Threat Assessment in the Workplace, for Regional Medical Unit Personnel, United States Postal Service
- 1996 Management Circle, The Public Pension Fund Forum for New Trustees Conference: "Chronic Pain Syndrome: An Interdisciplinary Approach"
- 1995 Institute for International Research, Controlling Disability Payments
- in the Public Pension Plan: "Permanent and Stationary is not Forever"
- 1992 American Bar Association, National Meeting: "Sexual Discrimination in the Workplace"
- 1990 Merritt-Peralta Medical Center, Oakland, CA: "Assessment of Chronic Pain"
- 1989 U.S. Postal Services: "Crisis Management for Psychiatric Emergencies"
- Compensation Law" (a twelve hour course presented by me over four days)
Listed in the Following States
Stephen M. Raffle. M.D. & Associates is listed with ExpertPages in the following jurisdictions: All US Regions and States, Canada (all Provinces).