Behavioral Health Strategies, Inc.
J. Harold Berberick, Ed.D.
12 Spring Street Foxborough, MA 02035
About the Expert
Dr. Berberick is highly experienced as a senior manager in the fields of Mental Health, Community Mental Health, Behavioral Health, Managed Care and Mental Retardation. He has over 35 years of experience in the field, has worked in both the public and private sectors and has managed large systems of Mental Health and Mental Retardation care in New York and Massachusetts.
Areas of Expertise
- Behavioral Health
- Developmental Disabilities
- Group Homes
- Mental Health
- Doctor of Education, Leadership Studies, Public Administration
- Fairleigh Dickinson University, Teaneck, New Jersey
- Master of Arts, Psychology
- University of Northern Colorado, Greeley, Colorado
- Bachelor of Arts, Sociology, Minors in Psychology and Philosophy
- Regis College, Denver, Colorado
- Continuing Education and Institutes:
- Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government
- Institute for Senior Executives of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Institute on the Management of Change
- Institute on Management Strategies for the 1990s
- Williams College, Williamstown, MA
- AK Rice Institute, Institute for Applied Study of Social Systems
- State University of New York, Graduate School of Public Administration, Albany, NY Coursework in Public Administration
- Board certified in Healthcare Management.
- American College of Healthcare Executives (Fellow)
- Board Certified in Healthcare Management
- American College of Mental Health Administration (Fellow)
- American Orthopsychiatric Association (Fellow)
- Director, Office of Project Management, NY Office of Mental Health
- Area Director MA Depts. Mental Health, Mental Retardation
- Exec. Director, Pilgrim Behavioral Health, Harvard Pilgrim Health Care consultation, interim management, expert witness.
- Adjunct faculty State University of New York.
- Papers Presented:
- “The Budgetary and Managerial Aspects of Operating a Comprehensive Rehabilitation Program,” International Association of Psycho-Social Rehabilitation Services, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Case Management: A Foundational Service, Conference on Innovations in Community Mental Health, Boston, Massachusetts.
- A Comprehensive Model for Providing Residential Services for Severely Disabled Persons, New York State Conference on Alternative Living, Monticello, New York.
- Designing a Community Support System for New York State, Council of State Governments, Atlantic City, New Jersey.
- Principles and Practice of Servant Leadership, Conference on Best Practices in the Market Place, Bangalore, India.
- Psychiatric Rehabilitation: A Research Perspective, National Conference on Psycho-Social Rehabilitation, Cleveland, Ohio.
- A Research Perspective on Problem Patients in Community Mental Health, International Association of Psycho-Social Rehabilitation Services, Los Angeles, California
- Residential Services as Support Systems in the Community, New York Conference on Community Support Systems and Psycho-Social Rehabilitation, Albany, New York.
- Restructuring Mental Health Services in New York City Utilizing a Community Support Model, New York City Federation of Voluntary Mental Health Agencies, New York City.
- The Role of Residential and Community Support Services in Rural Psychiatry, Conference on Rural Mental Health, Gowanda, New York.
- Transitional Services for the Mentally Ill, National Rehabilitation Association, Cherry Hill, New Jersey.
- A Work Therapy Program in a New State Hospital, National Conference on Adjunctive Therapy, Forest Hospital, Des Plaines, Illinois.
- Curriculum Vitae
Listed in the Following States
Behavioral Health Strategies, Inc. is listed with ExpertPages in the following jurisdictions: All US Regions and States, Canada (all Provinces).