Q9 Consulting, Inc.
P.O. Box 892965 Temecula, CA 92589
About the Expert
Ask your prospective forensic document examiner whether they own the proper equipment to examine the document. My laboratory is equipped with hardware and software to examine most documents: paper and electronic. Ask for a sample report from a prior case to learn how the results are presented. Does the examiner speak in layman's or technical terms?
Areas of Expertise
- Document Examination Forensic
Welcome to Q9 Consulting Forensic Document Examination
- East Tennessee State University -Graduate Certificate - Forensic Document Examination
- University of Denver - MS Technology Management
- State College of NY at Buffalo - BS Mathematics
- 2010 Graduate certificate in Forensic Document Examination at East Tennessee State University
- 2010 Graduate level course Forensic Document Examination Practicum at East Tennessee State University
- 2009 - Graduate level course Forensic Document Analysis at East Tennessee State University
- 2009 - Graduate level course Forensic Document Identification at East Tennessee State University
- 2008 - Graduate level course Handwriting Identification at East Tennessee State University
- 2008 - Course Forensic Document Examination at University of California at Riverside
- 2006 - Course Certified Quality Engineer Exam Prep from American Society for Quality
- 2005 Master of Science Technology Management University of Denver
- 1983 - Course Questioned Document Examination by Felix Klein
- 1983 1984 Course Professional Graphology American Handwriting Analysis Foundation
- Extensive self study in the field of forensic document examination
- California Real Estate Broker
- 2016 (October) Learn from the Masters. Riverside County Public Defenders. Riverside, CA
- 2016 (August) Conference Chair Scientific Association of Forensic Examiners Conference Session 2
- 2016 (July) Conference Chair Scientific Association of Forensic Examiners Conference session
- 2016 (June) California Aliance of Paralegal Associations Conference, Riverside, CA
- 2016 (April) National Association of Document Examiners Conference, Portland, OR
- 2015 (July 31 & August 28) Conference Chair Scientific Association of Forensic Examiners Conference.
- 2015 (July) Forensic Science Error Management, National Institute of Standards and Technology. Arlington, VA.
- 2015 (May 11) Digital Forensics for Attorneys part 2. Westlaw
- 2013 (October 14) Print Process Identification, Hooke College, Westmont, IL.
- 2012 (October 18) A Hands-on Workshop to assist FDEs in understanding point-of-sale signatures by Dr. Hans-Leo Teulings, Association of Forensic Documents Examiners Conference, Phoenix, AZ
- 2012 (April 25) Video Deposition Workshop by Michael Jones, National Association of Document Examiners Conference, San Diego, CA
- 2012 (April 26) A hands-on workshop for working with digital images by George Reis, National Association of Document Examiners Conference, San Diego, CA
- 2012 (April 17) The Graphical Approach, Another Way to Present Evidence by Hon. William J. Howatt, Jr., San Diego County Bar Association
- 2011 (May 17-18) Theory and skills using IR and UV by Emily Will at the National Association of Document Examiners Conference, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- 2010 (Oct. 23) Costly and Fatal Mistakes Committed by Expert Witnesses During Video Deposition Proceedings by Michael Jones, CEO of Digital Evidence Legal Video Services
- 2010 (Oct. 15) Determining common authorship amongst multiple simulated signatures based on the analysis of motor strategy by Dr. Bryan Found, La Trobe University
- 2010 (May 3-4) Photoshop for document examiners instructed by Gary Herbertson
- ASTM International
- National Association of Document Examiners - Chair of the 2012 conference
- Scientific Association of Forensic Experts - Vice President
- National Speakers Association
- Forensic Expert Witness Association - Past president San Diego Chapter
- International Graphonomics Society
- American Society for Quality, Senior Member
- Toastmasters International Advanced Communicator Silver
- Project Management Institute
- 2011 - Toastmasters - Advanced Communicator Silver
- 2006 - Certified Quality Engineer
- 1999 - Certified Information Systems Auditor
- 1997 - Project Management Professional
- (2016). How to Conduct Due Diligence When Hiring a Forensic Expert. QuickRead. NACVA/CTI. http://quickreadbuzz.com/2016/09/07/conduct-due-diligence-hiring-forensic-expert/.
- (2016). Can Forensic Experts Overcome Their Biases? QuickRead. NACVA/CTI. http://quickreadbuzz.com/2016/03/09/can-forensic-experts-overcome-biases/.
- (2016). Will Courtroom Bias Cost You Your Next Case? San Diego Law Library, San Diego, CA.
- Wakshull, Michael N. (2016). Using Statistical Analysis to Assist in Writer Identification. National Association of Document Examiners Conference.
- (2015). How to Hire a Forensic Expert Witness, California Alliance of Paralegal Associations conference. Shell Beach, CA.
- (2015), Authentication of Handwriting. California Alliance of Paralegal Associations conference. Shell Beach, CA.
- (2015), Is the Document a Fraud? Forensic Document Examination for Fraud Investigators, Southern California Fraud Investigators Association Conference. Palm Springs, CA.
- (2015), Trends in Handwriting Analysis and Forensic Document Examination. Legal Nurse Consultants Association. San Diego, CA.
- (2014). The End of the Zodiac Mystery, How Forensic Science Helped Solve One of the Most Infamous Serial Killer Cases of the Century. Temecula, CA: Q9 Publishing.
- (2013). Line by Line Forensic Document Examination, A Strategy for Legal Professionals. Temecula, CA: Q9 Publishing.
- (2012, November). The Use of Control Charts to Assist With Writer Identification. American Society for Quality Quality Day Symposium. Pomona, CA.
- (2012, October). The Effects of Motivational and Cognitive Bias in Forensic Science. Association of Forensic Document Examiners. Phoenix, AZ.
- (2011, November). An overview of the World Congress of Forensics. Forensic Consultants Association. San Diego, CA.
- The effects of bias on managers decisions. American Society for Quality. Temecula, CA. October, 2011.
- The use of statistical process control to assist writer identification. World Congress of Forensics. Cungqing, China. October, 2011.
- Mock trial Battle of the Experts with Sandra Popescu, CPA. Forensic Expert Witness Association. San Diego, CA. November, 2010.
- Results of research on examination of micro-anomalies for writer identification. Poster session at National Association of Forensic Document Examiners Conference. Portland, OR. May, 2010.
- Cognitive bias and the document examiner; Or: What you dont know about your attitudes can hurt your client. National Association of Forensic Document Examiners Conference. Portland, OR. May, 2010.
- Do your biases affect your expert opinion? Forensic Expert Witness Association. San Diego, CA. January, 2010
- Determining authorship of handwritten documents through microscopic features in writing. National Association of Forensic Document Examiners Conference. Boca Raton, FL. April 2009
- The use of handwriting analysis as a tool for project risk management. Project Management Institute Los Angeles Chapter. Los Angeles, CA. October 2008.
- How cognitive biases affect risk and decision analysis in managers. Proceedings of PMI Risk Management SIG Conference. Houston, TX. May, 2006.
- Applying predictability and stability to identify the most effective project metrics. Proceedings of PMI Pharmaceutical SIG Conference. Dallas, TX. April 2005.
- Court qualified in civil and criminal litigation. Work includes state and federal cases. Prior assignments include authentication of signatures, writing, graffiti and altered documents.
- Examination of paper, computer generated, and digital documents.
Percentage of time spent as expert
Number of expert assignments / year
Listed in the Following States
Q9 Consulting, Inc. is listed with ExpertPages in the following jurisdictions: All US Regions and States, Canada (all Provinces).