Construction Strategies And Solutions
601 Reliability Circle Knoxville, TN 37932
About the Expert
Mr. Loy provides construction claims analysis and rebuttal, claims consulting and preparation, and construction claims expert witness testimony to construction project developers, owners, design professionals, general contractors, trade contractors, insurance carriers, sureties, law firms, and other parties. With experience as an owner's rep, construction manager, project manager and design-builder he can relate to any situation and quickly determine the optimum approach or tact to best understand the problem being arbitrated, mediated or litigated to achieve the desired result.
Areas of Expertise
- Concrete / Cement Technology
- Construction Claims
- Bachelor of Architecture, with Honors, Univ. of TN 1976
- Master of Science, Civil Engineering, Univ. of TN 1982
- Licensed Commercial/Industrial General Contractor in Tennessee, unlimited in size.
- International Certification: Certifed Construction Manager by CMAA, CCM#1432, ANSI accredited.
- Many CEU accredited courses in Civil engineering, business and construction, see PDF of CV for list
- CMAA, ASCE, AIA, ABC, ACI, AISC
- 2019 Inc. 5000 designated company
- One of ten most fascinating people in Knox County
- National Blue Ribbon Award Small Business Excellance, US COC
- Pinnacle Award, Small Business Excellance, Knoxville Chamber
- EXCEL Award, for growth and leadership
- Enterpriser Award for entrepenuership
- 3 TSBA School of the year awards for design and cost
- Multiple ABC Safety awards
- Multiple Project of Distinction Awards
- Multiple articles on Construction management, Design-build, Construction project management. See LinkedIn page for publication links
- Multiple article series on School Costs in East Tennessee, 2010-11, Knoxville Focus
- Insidious Invader, Mold the new asbestos, Knoxville News Sentinel, 2008
- CM Methodologies impact dollars spent and lost, 2011
- Successfully Mediated settlement for TN School system as plaintiff for corrective work postulated by default of a prime contractor.
- Successfully Mediated settlement/bond claim for Greene County TN Schools as plaintiff for corrective work postulated by default of a prime contractor.
- Consultant for private client as plaintiff to establish work required to correct drainage issues at apartment complex. I developed the scope of work and provided the cost estimate of the corrective work. This case is in litigation..
- Consultant for private client as defendant for cost of remediation of industrial concrete slab failure including investigation into cause of failure. Case successfully resolved.
- Expert witness and opinion for private client as defendant for concrete slab failure, case resolved successfully.
- Expert witness for private client as plaintiff concerning code issues and cost of remediation for defective HVAC installation in apartment complex, resolved successfully.
- Expert witness for defendant in ladder fall case involving ladder jacks/OSHA violations, case resolved in mediation successfully.
- Expert witness and consultant for plaintiff in action against a GC for inferior quality of work in residential project. Case is in litigation.
Percentage of time spent as expert
Number of expert assignments / year
Listed in the Following States
Construction Strategies And Solutions is listed with ExpertPages in the following jurisdictions: All US Regions and States, Canada (all Provinces).