Construction Strategies and Solutions
Sanford C Loy CCM
601 Reliability Circle Knoxville, TN 37932
About the Expert
Mr. Loy's extensive experience in the design & placement of structural concrete. His experience as a structural engineer & managing dozens of multi- million dollar concrete projects, he is adept at concrete claims analysis/rebuttal/preparation & expert testimony for both plaintiffs & defendants.
Areas of Expertise
- Concrete / Cement Technology
- Construction Claims
- Bachelor of Architecture, with Honors, Univ. of TN 1976
- Master of Science, Civil Engineering, Univ. of TN 1982
- Licensed Commercial/Industrial General Contractor in Tennessee, unlimited in size.
- International Certification: Certifed Construction Manager by CMAA, CCM#1432, ANSI accredited.
- Many CEU accredited courses in Civil engineering, business and construction, see PDF of CV for list
- CMAA, ASCE, AIA, ABC, ACI, AISC
- One of ten most fascinating people in Knox County
- National Blue Ribbon Award Small Business Excellance, US COC
- Pinnacle Award, Small Business Excellance, Knoxville Chamber
- EXCEL Award, for growth and leadership
- Enterpriser Award for entrepenuership
- 3 TSBA School of the year awards for design and cost
- Multiple ABC Safety awards
- Multiple Project of Distinction Awards
- Multiple articles on Construction management, Design-build, Construction project management. See LinkedIn page for publication links
- Multiple article series on School Costs in East Tennessee, 2010-11, Knoxville Focus
- Insidious Invader, Mold the new asbestos, Knoxville News Sentinel, 2008
- CM Methodologies impact dollars spent and lost, 2011
- Successfully Mediated settlement for TN School system as plaintiff for corrective work postulated by default of a prime contractor.
- Successfully Mediated settlement/bond claim for Greene County TN Schools as plaintiff for corrective work postulated by default of a prime contractor.
- Consultant for private client as plaintiff to establish work required to correct drainage issues at apartment complex. I developed the scope of work and provided the cost estimate of the corrective work. This case is in litigation..
- Consultant for private client as defendant for cost of remediation of industrial concrete slab failure including investigation into cause of failure. Case successfully resolved.
- Expert witness and opinion for private client as defendant for concrete slab failure, case resolved successfully.
- Expert witness for private client as plaintiff concerning code issues and cost of remediation for defective HVAC installation in apartment complex, resolved successfully.
- Expert witness for defendant in ladder fall case involving ladder jacks/OSHA violations, case resolved in mediation successfully.
- Expert witness and consultant for plaintiff in action against a GC for inferior quality of work in residential project. Case is in litigation.
Percentage of time spent as expert
Number of expert assignments / year
Listed in the Following States
Construction Strategies and Solutions is listed with ExpertPages in the following jurisdictions: All US Regions and States, Canada (all Provinces).