- The University of Chicago
- Kent State University B.A. Biology - Cum Laude
- St. Louis U School Of Medicine M.D.
- Emory U School of Medicine Internal Medicine Resident
- State of Missouri License # 34663
- State of Georgia License # 016103
- State of Alabama License # 14570
- State of Florida License # 059009
- Diplomate, National Board of Medical Examiners
- Diplomate, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Diplomate, Subspecialty of Nephrology
- Fellow, American College of Physicians (FACP)
- American Society of Internal Medicine
- American Society of Nephrology (ASN)
- International Society of Nephrology (ISN)
- Emory U Sch of Med Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA) Medical Honor Society
- Emory U Sch of Med 1981 Teacher of the Year
- Renal Administrators of Ga 1979 Diamond Service Award
- NKF of Georgia 1980, 1981 Volunteer Service Award
- 1. Affarah HB, Mars RL, Someren A, Smith HWB: Rhabdomyolysis and Myoglobinuric Acute Renal Failure Associated With Intravenous Pitressin Infusion. Sou Med J 1982; 77:918 - 921.
- 2. Mars RL: Renal Disorders in the Surgical Patient. In: Lubin M Walker HK, Smith RBS, eds: Medical Management of the Surgical Patient, First Edition. Boston: Butterworths; 1983.
- 3. Mars RL: Renal Tubular Acidosis. In: Hurst JW, ed. Medicine for the Practicing Physician. Boston: Butterworths; 1983.
- 4. Mars RL: Autoimmune Kidney Disease. In: Hurst JW, ed. Medicine For The Practicing Physician. Boston: Butterworths; 1983.
|Abstract: I am board certified in both Internal Medicine and Nephrology and am a diplomate In the American College of Physicians (FACP). I have spent the majority of my medical career in academic medicine...|
I have spent the majority of my medical career in academic medicine: initially as an Associate Professor at the Emory University School of Medicine (where I did all my residency/fellowship training) and currently as a tenured Associate Professor of Medicine at the University of Florida College of Medicine in Jacksonville, Florida. My current job description includes clinical medicine whereupon I evaluate/treat patients with acute and chronic kidney disease and metabolic disorders, patients who are receiving dialysis, and patients who have received kidney transplants; I teach residents/fellows and other paramedical personnel general internal medicine and the rudiments of kidney disease/dialysis/transplantation; and finally I engage in clinical research guiding and mentoring fellows to investigate unknown problems that eventually satisfy our curiosity and leads to presentation and publication.
|Ronald Mars, M.D. FACP is listed with ExpertPages in the following jurisdictions: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District Of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming, Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Northwest Territories, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Saskatchewan, Yukon, Puerto Rico & USVI, US Pacific Islands, Overseas International, National Experts and Canada|