About Us and This Site
What is ExpertPages?
ExpertPages.com was the first Internet directory of experts, expert witnesses and consultants. Since 1995 it has been widely recognized as the Internet's leading resource for expert witnesses and consultants.
Each month Expert Pages assists thousands of attorneys, law firms, judges and court personnel, government and law enforcement agencies, insurance companies and others in the legal, business, insurance and forensic communities to find and/or retain experts, expert witnesses, and consultants.
ExpertPages provides extensive information to assist attorneys and legal personnel to effectively locate and utilize experts in investigations, discovery, depositions, trial preparation, expert reports, trial testimony and appeals.
ExpertPages also helps train and educate professionals who are considering serving as expert witnesses or consultants in legal and forensic matters as to what is expected of them in preparing expert reports, in testifying, and in providing their services to the legal community, enabling them to become highly effective.
Unlike many firms, ExpertPages does NOT receive any portion of any fees paid to any member expert listed on this Website –saving money for both experts and firms retaining experts.
What Do Leading Legal Media Say About Expert Pages?
Lexis-Nexis (a unit of a firm that operates the nation's oldest directory of lawyers and has its own experts directory) said: “ExpertPages …. by far one of the best sites in its field.”
Lawyers Weekly USA -- which also publishes its own experts list in print and online had this to say about ExpertPages:
"Expert Pages is the best free directory we found … and it is very easy to use. You can search by keyword, subject or state.”
Who Publishes ExpertPages?
ExpertPages is a unit of Advice Company which also publishes many other leading websites for professionals.
Advice Company, founded in 1991, is a privately held firm headquartered in Sausalito, California immediately across the Golden Gate Bridge from San Francisco, with staff based in Chicago and New York.
In addition to ExpertPages, Advice Company publishes such other leading Internet sites as FreeAdvice® and AttorneyPages and a print and e-newsletter, the Advice & Counsel Newsletter™, which has been distributed by over a dozen leading financial institutions, including units of Chase, ING, Modern Woodmen, ReliaStar, Standard Insurance and Voya, to tens of thousands of their important customers each month. You can be confident that ExpertPages quality control and financial strength have met these leading firms' exacting standards.
Why Do Leading Lawyers, Insurers and Government Agencies Use ExpertPages to Locate Experts?
Among the other things that lawyers, insurers and various agencies like most about ExpertPages is that it helps them locate the most qualified experts from all over the United States and Canada. In many cases an "out of town" expert is extraordinarily persuasive.
ExpertPages gives lawyers and insurers a far larger selection of qualified experts, and is far more up-to-date than local or national print directories.
Most importantly, ExpertPages.com unique Credential Verification process enables lawyers and others to be confident that ExpertPages.com members who have elected to have us verify their credentials do in fact possess those credentials. ExpertPages.com backs its process with its $5,000 guarantee.
How Is ExpertPages So Good at Understanding the Needs of Experts, Lawyers, Insurers and Government Agencies?
From the time of its inception in 1995, ExpertPages is exclusively and solely dedicated to meeting the needs of expert witnesses and the professionals who retain them
ExpertPages' founder and CEO is Gerry H. Goldsholle, is a nationally recognized expert. He has had a distinguished career in law and business. After graduation from Columbia Law School and military service he was a trial lawyer for the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, and worked in a top-rated law firm and in corporate practice. He also served as Chair of many committees of the American Bar Association, the State Bar of California and the Association of the Bar of the City of New York. As a business executive he created two multi-billion dollar businesses at Metropolitan Life Insurance Company, retiring as President & Chief Executive Officer of MetLife Brokerage at age 50. He then went on to create Advice Company, ExpertPages' parent. He also has consulted for banks, brokerage firms, insurance companies, served as an expert in litigation for plaintiffs and defendants and has appeared as an expert for the U.S. Department of Justice, the I.R.S. and the S.E.C., both houses of Congress and numerous state legislatures. He and the ExpertPages team know what lawyers, courts, judges and juries expect, want and need..
The ExpertPages team consists of skillful, experienced, long service, talented and motivated professionals with impressive credentials. The team possesses a comprehensive understanding of the needs of experts and the legal profession, coupled with extensive Internet experience. For example, our Chief Operating Officer completed 2 years of medical school and served as CTO of a leading medical education site before joining the Company in 2000. Our Chief Administrative Officer had 29+ years of experience with another leading legal publisher prior to joining ExpertPages in 1997.
Why Do Lawyers Come to ExpertPages to Retain the Listed Experts?
ExpertPages attracts approximately one-half million visitors each year - primarily lawyers, legal professionals, and representatives of government, law enforcement, and the insurance communities, who are specifically looking to retain expert witnesses. Many come because they know ExpertPages is the best, the oldest, and the most respected online site. , They also come because we actively and continually promote ExpertPages and the experts listed on site. You've already read some of the press we received.
Among other techniques we use to attract qualified visitors are:
- Years of positive and reliable experience with us. Lawyers and legal professionals know from many years of experience that when it comes to looking for experts, they come to ExpertPages because they find qualified/credible experts. We screen all, and credential most, of the experts listed. They trust ExpertPages.
- High Search Engine Positioning. Our skilled staff works very hard to keep ExpertPages at or near the top of most search engine listings in most topics on our site.
- Bookmarking. As we were first, and rated as the "best", many of the nation's leading Law Firms, Insurance Company claims and legal departments, and government agencies have already bookmarked our site. When they need an expert, they know ExpertPages is go-to site.
- Linkages from many leading websites used by lawyers and government agencies. We enjoy many links from other sites who hire lawyers use, including the Federal Government's site and many Bar Association sites, because ExpertPages is a trustworthy site, and its experts are highly credible to lawyers, insurers and government agencies.
- Media stories and public relations. ExpertPages frequently has been the featured website on national media when stories are done on expert witnesses; we've been on National Public Radio, TalkAmerica, Fox TV News and numerous other programs, plus the Legal Press, including repeated stories (with website screen shots) in the National Law Journal, Lawyers Weekly USA, Legal Times, New Jersey Law Journal (as site of the week), papers, magazines and electronic media.
- Paid ads in the American Bar Association's ABA Journal and Trial (the magazine of the American Association for Justice (“AAJ”), formerly the Association of Trial Lawyers of America).
- Booths and promotions at many Bar Association meetings, including Annual and other meetings of the ABA, the AAJ (formerly ATLA), , the Defense Research Institute, and local and state bar Meetings.
- Cross references from our own AttorneyPages and FreeAdvice sites.
- Our nationally respected in depth surveys, including the biennial ExpertPages Survey of Expert Witness Fees and Practices.
- Speeches before Bar Association and other legal groups. We're constantly marketing ExpertPages and the experts on the site.
Commonly Asked Questions
Is Use of ExpertPages Free to Lawyers? Lawyers Do Not Pay ExpertPages Anything When they Retain an ExpertPages Expert Witness or Consultant?
Correct! ExpertPages may be used by lawyers and others looking to retain an expert for Free. They never pay us anything when they retain an expert through use of the Site!
Experts Never Share Their Fees With ExpertPages?
That's right. We never share any part of the fees a member expert earns. If you're a member of ExpertPages, everything you earn is yours. You set your own fee. You keep everything you make. There is absolutely no middleman and as lawyers who retain experts and their clients appreciate, there is absolutely no "mark-up". The experts who list pay only an annual listing fee, nothing more. The attorneys who select our member experts can be confident they are not being over-charged.
Does ExpertPages Really Work?
Absolutely! No business or organization can possibly work unless it meets multiple needs of its customers. Thousands of experts already know that ExpertPages works because ExpertPages:
- Helps law firms, insurance companies, the media, corporate legal departments and government agencies (both law enforcement and regulatory) and others in the public sector -- those who retain expert witnesses and consultants -- to quickly and inexpensively locate highly qualified, credible experts who can assist them in evaluating, understanding and explaining business, forensic, medical, scientific, technical and similar matters that are at the heart of most litigated cases.
- Markets the experts and consultants listed on ExpertPages to those who retain experts and consultants, and
- Serves as a resource for information about the use of experts and consultants.
The proof is that ExpertPages has generated lucrative and interesting assignments for many of the experts and consultants listed, as you can see for yourself from their comments right on site.